Bring your finance expertise to UPMC as a Financial Analyst, Expert! This role will take a leadership role in the enhancement, development, documentation, and communication of identified variances by managing the comprehensive analysis of data. This position should understand the causes of financial & clinical trends and anomalies. Articulate opportunities to internal and external audiences, including senior executives. The Finance Analyst, Expert will implement solutions and track and monitor progress. They will also partner with operating personnel and substitute for senior leaders in various forums. The Expert will weigh practical considerations and potential barriers that need to be overcome to successfully implement new programs and processes.
This full-time role is Monday through Friday with some work-from-home opportunity available. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the distribution of work assignments for their team as well as workflow management within their team. Serve as a process expert and provide training and support to other Financial Analysts.
- Must use their knowledge and expert understanding of financial, clinical, and other information generated by numerous sources to identify opportunities to improve clinical and financial performance. Perform statistical analyses, and then be able to explain this analysis to a non-technical audience of both internal and external customers and, at times, senior management.
- Identify trends in expenses, utilization, medical quality, and other areas. Investigate variances and derive solutions to cost increases and quality issues.
- Implement and monitor effectiveness of these solutions. Perform cost/benefit analysis.
- Meet deadlines and turnaround times set by managers and department director (these deadlines and turnaround times will, at times, require the employee to work until the project is completed, meaning extended daily work hours, extended work weeks, or both).
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances: UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related business field required.
- Minimum of five years of related work experience required OR A Master's degree or CPA license and four years of experience OR High School Diploma/GED and seven years of related work experience.
- Microsoft Office spreadsheet application required, and PeopleSoft General Ledger proficiency preferred.
- Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, enthusiasm, and initiative on a daily basis.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment a must.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, and forge strong interpersonal relationships within the department, with other departments, and with external audiences.
- Attention to detail is critical to the success of this position, with demonstrated competency in customer orientation and the ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Excellent planning, communication, documentation, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving abilities.
- Advanced mathematical skills.
- Ability to interpret and summarize results of various analyses in a timely and meaningful way.
- Ability to effectively approach problem solving.
- Ability to re-engineer processes to positively impact productivity in terms of timeliness and accuracy.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC's Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life - because we believe that you're at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we're driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety , Dignity & Respect , Caring & Listening , Responsibility & Integrity , Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.