Nova Bus, part of the Volvo Group, is one of North America's leading providers of sustainable transit solutions.
Our team of more than 1,500 employees in three factories (Saint-Eustache and Saint-François-du-Lac in Quebec and Plattsburgh in New York State) works in partnership with some of the largest public transit companies in Canada and in the USA.
Are you looking for a new challenge with social, economic and environmental implications? Do you want to boost your career and make a difference? Participate in the electrification of transportation by joining the team as a Financial Analyst, engineering support! WHAT AWAITS YOU: In this exciting role, the
Financial Analyst, engineering support acted as a financial business partner for the various engineering and product development groups of the company. He assists in the preparation of financial forecasts, the governance of current costs and the control of operating costs.
- Competitive salary and benefits, group RRSP and generous vacation policy
- Innovative and forward-looking team
- Participation in large-scale projects
- Stimulating social and environmental mission
- Telework (Covid-19)
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support engineering groups in the development and consolidation of their quarterly financial forecasts;
- Prepare journal entries to ensure the regularization of monthly engineering costs;
- Analyze the current monthly results of engineering costs vs forecasts and explain the variances;
- Prepare and present monthly financial governance to the management of the various engineering groups;
- Act as a financial expert and assist engineering groups in the creation and validation of their project financial plans;
- Produce financial reports by project to assess performance;
- Collect the capital expenditure needs of engineering groups and support them in the approval and commissioning process;
- Ensure the allocation of engineering costs is done at the right time and against the right projects;
- Periodic monitoring of the profitability of customer projects in terms of engineering hours;
- Actively participate in the overhaul of finance department processes and the company's continuous improvement program.
WHAT YOU NEED :
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or business administration;
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CA, CMA or CGA) would be an asset;
- 5 to 7 years of relevant experience in a manufacturing company
- Experience in large companies and in a multi-site environment;
- Bilingualism (French / English), spoken and written;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite software;
- Knowledge of an integrated MRP system, an asset;
- Strong sense of planning and organization;
- Excellent analytical skills and sense of decision-making
- Ability to anticipate and define needs, improve processes and promote their use;
- Enthusiasm and team spirit;
- Acute customer orientation;
- Ability to work under pressure.