Who Will I Be Working For?
This company is a world leader in age-appropriate and developmental stage-based electronic learning products for children. As a pioneer in the learning toy category, this company develops high-quality, innovative educational products that enrich children's development and make learning fun. With a 40 year history, this company has not only established itself as a learning authority but also consistently remains at the forefront of innovation with multiple award-winning products. The company also has a broad range of award-winning infant and preschool products available in 25 different languages worldwide, with more than 100 new products introduced every year.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
Under the direction of the FP&A Manager, the Financial Analyst will be responsible for capturing and reporting monthly forecasts and annual budget for the Electronic Learning Product Division. The Financial Analyst is also responsible for participating in the month end close process.
* Accountable for the monthly Forecast information; identify and communicate the highlights and key changes; review revenue for pricing and margin integrity
* Accountable for the Annual Budget information; identify and communicate the highlights and key changes
* Participate in the month end close process
* Prepare monthly financial statements and analysis
* Prepare monthly journal entries
* Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations
* Prepare and review inventory projections and collaborate on excess inventory
* Assist with the process of providing Customer and Product (Category) P&Ls
* Assist sales department with establishing, analyzing and evaluating pricing decisions for customers
* Assist in driving the utilization of our ERP system (Oracle) and current/future reporting tool(s)
* Incorporate key financial metrics/statistics to validate the financial data for accuracy and completeness
* Drive process improvement and provide new ideas throughout department and company
* Minimum of three years of progressive Budgeting/Forecasting and Accounting experience in distribution or manufacturing industries
* Flexible and willing to perform both Finance and Accounting duties
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel
* Knowledge of ERP systems (Oracle preferred) with reporting tools
* Knowledge of BI (Business Intelligence) systems (MicroStrategy preferred)
* Excellent analytical, verbal, and written skills
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, Masters Degree and/or CPA certification is a plus