We are looking for Financial Analyst for our client in Corpus Christi, TX
Job Title: Financial Analyst
Job Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Job Type: Direct Hire
- Start : ?ASAP
- Terms: Permanent
- ?Shift: Full-time Days (rotating weekends)
- The financial analyst works heavily with Microsoft Excel and SAP Business Objects to create reports.
- Assists with preparation of monthly financial statements, which are due by the 9th of the month.
- Compiles and reports month-end financial for our two freestanding emergency facilities.
- Reviews patient accounts during month end for revenue accounting accrual analysis.
- Prepares detailed monthly trend variance reports tosupport management in the review of monthly operating performance.
- Prepares additional monthly reports for data submissions to facility and division leadership.
- Actively participate with Quarterly SOXreporting and semi-annual Internal Control Checklist.
- Take ownership of inventory controls, which includes review of annual inventory, bulk purchases, and consignment inventory verification.
- Participates in the development and tracking of annual facility operating & capital budgets.
- Responds to requests for information from Corporate, Internal Audit and otherinternal management.
- Supports facility leadership with any special assignments.
- The analyst will assist department in efforts to automate functions where appropriate / possible.
- Ensures that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
- Utilizes appropriate resources to complete assignments within allocated time period.
- Performs accurately and in a timely manner in periods of increased workloads and high stress.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, MIS or comparable field required
- 1-5years healthcareexperiencepreferred but not required.
- Minimum two years of relevant accounting, financialreporting, and/or data analysis experience.
- Must be willing to work at least 1 weekend per month. Must be willing to work 3rd to the 8th days of the month even when those dates fall on weekends or holidays.
- Position must be willing to forego vacation/PTO during inventory, month-end close, or budget planning periods.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Position knowledge requirements include experience with information systems, data management and structure, extensive knowledge of spreadsheet and database applications, ability to create on demand ad hoc financial analysisreports, and working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), budget preparation, income statements.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel knowledge required.
- Effective organizational skills including the ability to work independently and consistently to achieve reporting deadlines.
- Must be willing to work and adapt in an ?always improving? environment.
- General knowledge of financial accounting process and accounting information systems.