Zelis is a healthcare information technology company and market-leading provider of end-to-end healthcare claims cost management and payment solutions.
Inc.5000 award winner: One of the fastest growing privately held companies in the US!
Ranked #1 by NJ Biz as the Fastest Growing Company in NJ!
Zelis Healthcare is an information technology company which utilizes an end-to-end technology platform to fulfill the claims cost management and payments needs of healthcare payors including large and medium-sized health plans, TPAs, Taft-Hartley Plans, providers and individuals. The company provides a comprehensive portfolio of network management, claims integrity, payment remittance solutions and analytical services for medical, dental and workers' compensationclaims to over 500 payor clients. Additionally, the company delivers electronic payments and explanation of payments to over 200,000 healthcare providers and serves individuals with provider lookup and medical referral services.
The primary role of the Financial Analyst is to provide recurring and ad hoc financialreporting, information, and analyses to members of management. The Financial Analyst is also responsible for reporting and modeling of financial and profitability data.
- Financial report analysis: Perform monthly balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position/budget variance analysis
- Monthly management financial package: generating, accumulating and verifying (and reconciling, if necessary) reports for monthly management financial package
- Ad-hocfinancial analyses: design and execution of analyses to determine revenue/profit impact of customer/product/market segments
- Report validation/reconciliation: problem solving on as-needed basis to either validate or reconcile financialreports from operating system to financial statements
- Budget preparation: Development of the annual operating budget and models used to forecast operating expenditures
- Information requests: responding to financial data/information requests from other managers/departments within the company
- Monthly key indicator reporting: assist in trending key performance metrics on a monthly basis and report to management
- Market/competitor monitoring: maintaining files/records of data on competitors and our market to assist company in gauging its effectiveness
- Industry trends: Evaluate competitive strategies and industry trends to determine impact on current or contemplated action plans
- Capital Expenditures: Coordinate annual capital plan process and track actual and forecasted capital spend on current/future projects
- Provides support for the following: ad-hoc requests & projects, cash financial models, proactive financial analysis of monthly financials, create/modify complex financial models
- Efficiency evaluation: Evaluate profit and cost efficiencies in various areas of the organization as needed
- Maintain awareness of and ensure adherence to Zelis Payments standards regarding privacy.
- 3+ years? work experience in a similar capacity
- Must have advanced knowledge of Excel: V-lookups, H-lookups, Pivots, Charts,etc. Must have used extensively and be able to efficiently utilize all capabilities of Excel.
- Finance/accounting background: must have great knowledge of financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statements, etc.) and how they work.
- Analytical: must be excellent problem solver; able to independently break complex problems down into manageable sequence of steps.
- Detail oriented: will have to have a respect for the details.
- Accuracy: must maintain highest work quality standards, as senior management will be relying on output from this position in making crucial business decisions.
- Communication skills: must be able to communicate effectively with all layers of senior management and employee base, from top to bottom.
- Customer service attitude: this position will be utilized as a resource for senior management, and as such must maintain the attitude that management is the customer.
- Computer systems familiarity: must be comfortable working with our information technology department and able to learn quickly about our computer operating system to assist in new report generation and reconciliation of existing reports.
- Bachelor?s Degree in Finance/Accounting
- Big 4 public accounting experience a plus