The Financial Analyst role in Siemens Healthineers’ Supply Chain manufacturing will initiate, execute and evaluate effectiveness of planning, analysis and reporting activities for the global SCM organization within the business area. Through best in class, data-driven analytics, this role will partner with cross-functional teams for strategic and tactical decision making; support the generation of financial insights in the monthly/quarterly results, with focus on Walpole Sensor manufacturing site and global SCM consolidations/reporting. Furthermore, this role will support the VP SCM Finance Controlling on cross sites initiatives and projects. This role requires a strong ability to analyze data with quality in mind and strong ability to influence others without authority.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Act as the global performance controller for all SCM sitesincluding existing POC and Zebra sites. Key areas of responsibilities include:
- Drive and optimize monthly/quarterly reporting of global SCM operational key metrics including preparing the forecast/close meeting cadence, communicate timelines, drive operational efficiency and provide timely/accurate information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Using data-driven decision making process, align organization and collaborate with stakeholders to implement targeted performance improvement. Specific analytics include global forecast and actual variances, gather and evaluate key business activities and status impacting forecasts to senior SCM team, key manufacturing variances considerations, consistent messaging of bridges, etc.
- Conceptualize and execute complex analytics for various topics to support and drive business decision making in order to achieve Hoshin Kanri targets.
- Develop and evolve monthly, quarterly presentations to senior executives on status of business unit objective (specifically for SCM) attainment and key recommendations.
- Support SCM finance leadership in integrating into BU two most recently acquired sites, Epocal and Baroda.
- To be the SCM Finance lead on annual initiatives such as long term planning, annual budget process, drive productivity reporting for SCM and other site initiatives as required.
- Ensuring consistent communication and actions for accurate books and records of the organization. Develop control processes for key spending & process areas.
- Prepare and participate into the monthly forecast meeting, the SCM operations meetings and productivity meetings.
- Act as a site Controller / Financial partner for the Walpole Manufacturing business for POC. Areas of responsibilities include:
- Directs and participates in the annual Plant budgeting, forecasting, and financial planning processes, ensuring compliance to timetables and procedures.
- Directs and/or prepares all financial statements, reports, and analysis for the site.
- Directs the development of accurate product costing and variance reporting, implementing improvements to reporting and systems as required.
- Participate as an integral part of the Plant management team, providing financial analyses, evaluations, and interpretations on all aspects of manufacturing operations.
- Initiates meetings with manufacturing management to resolve cost problems and recommends cost management concepts, methods, and procedures to facilitate operational controls.
- Establishes and maintains effective internal control procedures and systems, including compliance monitoring in accordance with corporate policies and SFRG (Siemens Financial Reporting Guidelines).
- Review of Plant capital asset requests and preparation/validation of associated financial analysis. Responsible for management and results of annual audit.
Capabilities Required for the Position:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business; MBA or equivalent
- Candidates typically have 5-8 years of progressive analytical experience
- Extensive manufacturing and financial reporting experience with knowledge of product costing techniques and inventory accounting/management
- Previously worked for a multinational or matrixed organization preferable
- Knowledge of IAS, US GAAP & SOX
- ERP systems knowledge, preferably SAP
- Accounting profession accreditation , MBA, CPA or equivalent qualification will be preferred
- BA/BS Degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent qualification
- Successfully manage multiple priorities and reporting requirements
- Demonstrated leadership capability
- Knowledge of MS Office, including Excel to Advanced level
- Proficient Business knowledge and knowledge of the organizational structure, the reporting structure & process and the budget and forecast process
- Ability to distill business processes and results into actionable information for senior leadership; strong presentation skills
- Ability to analyze and organize with quality in mind is a main requirement for the position
- Good communication and networking skills, result and quality orientation as well as a pro-active attitude.
- Excellent team player
Position reports directly to Vice President-Controller, POC Supply Chain Manufacturing
Knowledge and Experience:
Demonstrates extensive knowledge in field of specialization or multiple disciplines to the successful completion of complex assignments. Successfully serves as point of authority and/or source of technical/scientific knowledge for area of expertise. Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues.
Direction of Others:
This role is an individual contributor role.
Requisition Number: 223526