With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
The SCM Project Controller role in Siemens Healthineers Laboratory Diagnostics will initiate, execute and evaluate effectiveness of major project planning, analysis and reporting activities within the LD SCM footprint. Through best in class, data-driven analytics, this role will partner and/or lead cross-functional teams for strategic and tactical decision making; lead role in generating financial insights in the monthly/quarter global results, with focus on global profitability targets and bridging results; and engage in key strategic projects across the entire portfolio.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Drive and optimize monthly financial process for large-scale, international supply chain projects. Includes working with colleagues across multiple geographies, time zones and functions covering a global basis and full set of financial statements (P+L, Cash Flow, and Balance Sheet)
• Using data-driven decision making process, align organizational teams and collaborate with stakeholders to execute at targeted performance levels. Specific analytics include global forecast and actual variances, gather and evaluate key business/operational activities impacting forecasts to senior financial and operational teams in condensed, thoughtful and timely manner
• Create reporting process for actual, forecasting, and budgeting, while prioritizing deliverables and managing to deadlines. Align differing legal entities, in multiple currencies, for reliable cadence of reporting. Own long-term financial plan for the Laboratory Diagnostics supply chain major strategic projects, integrate process with Laboratory Diagnostics finance colleagues
• Develop control structure for projects and major efforts, including recommending corrective actions as required, drive the implementation of actions, and resulting internal controls
• Act as central point to internal and external audit requests, ensuring no material findings and clean compliance record for projects in alignment with internal and IFRS requirements
• Create project controlling capability in the organization, educating colleagues on best practices and current GAAP and IFRS controlling standards.
Capabilities Required for the Position:
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business; MBA or equivalent.
• Experience: +10 years of progressive analytical experience, demonstrated ability to work across multiple currencies
• Language: English, working knowledge of Mandarin highly desired
•Very good Business knowledge and knowledge of the organizational structure, the reporting structure & process and the budget and forecast process.
•Ability to distill business processes and results into actionable information for senior leadership; very strong presentation skills.
•Strong systems skill in SAP, expert Excel and PowerPoint capabilities.
•Ability to analyze as well as an organizing and quality orientation is a main requirement for the controlling area. Arranging and balancing activities to comply with various tasks and due dates is also key requirement
•Knowledge and experience in project management. Strong attention to detail and strong analytical ability required
•Very good communication and networking skills, result and quality orientation as well as a pro-active attitude.
•Excellent team player; ability to manage horizontal teams and lead cross-functional efforts
Position reports directly to Vice President Finance, Laboratory Diagnostics.
Requisition Number: 222684