Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
We are looking for a highly motivated Sr. Financial Analyst to join our Customer Experience & Technology Financial Planning & Analysis team. FP&A is a key business partner in providing financial guidance and support for business investments and decisions, financial planning, management reporting and supporting the achievement of financial results. In this role, you will play a key role in the ongoing reporting/planning, month end close, forecasting, and annual budgeting of operating expenses. You will work closely with business leaders and their teams to develop a full understanding of organization’s strategic priorities and partner with them to execute and improve financial planning, budgeting and reporting.
Key tasks include:
- Taking lead in financialbudgeting, planning and reporting related to operating expenses, Headcount and CAPEX
- Responsible for monthly close activities, including the creation and booking of accruals, management of purchase orders and being first point of contact for any PO related questions
- Partner with business teams. Provide analytical support to senior leaders and their teams to develop a full understanding of their organization’s priorities, resource and headcount needs.
- Support annual budget process and 3 year strategic plan with effective analysis to reach controllable budget targets
- Play key role in supporting all financial/reporting tools. Work closely with the Finance Transformation team in designing / implementing changes to current process as necessary or new tool rollouts.
- Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies
- Ad hoc projects will include compliance reporting, business case modeling & development / reporting of KPI’s.
This role offers the candidate an opportunity to:
- Work directly with key business leaders and learn about the strategic/innovative initiatives
- Work with an amazing finance organization and collaborate with a diverse/global team
- Develop strong analytical skills
- Build process and project management skills as we continuously improve the quality of forecasting and reporting
- Build communication skills as we partner with multiple stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related
- 6+ years of professional related experience preferably in Fintech, financial services or e-com industries
- Ability to muti task and operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Proficient in MS Excel with Financial Modeling experience using complex formulae
- Experience in Trend & Variance Analysis and Econometric Analysis
- Proven track record in Financial Planning & Strategy and Budget Formulation & Management
- Perform Financial Statement Analysis, P&L and Cash Flow Forecasting
- Experienced in SAP / Hyperion / Tableau / Access
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.