Responsible for analysis and interpretation of financial information. Utilizing independent judgment and discretion, identifies trends, variances, and key issues and provides recommendations for adjustment. Responsible for conducting moderate to complex financial analysis projections and/or reporting. Reconciles, analyzes and documents budget to actual variances. Responsible for supporting annual budgeting process. Prepares financial reports and works with key business partners to meet financial objectives. May conduct fixed asset audits to ensure financial controls are maintained.
- Analyzes, reconciles and manages key actual vs. budget variances
- Supports and/or builds annual budget for Arizona Cigna Medical Group (CMG) expenses in support of CMG key business partners
- Reviews monthly financial information and records accruals to appropriately report results
- Prepares monthly/quarterly and annual projections and identifies emerging trends in assigned expense categories
- Leadership ability to analyze results while working with multiple partners across Group Medical Practice.
- Communication and influencing of the process to ensure goals and targets are met.
- Support the development of policies and procedures to ensure adequate controls are in place for the management of the Training portfolio across the Group Practice.
- Maintain and support the business financial reporting system
- Reporting of results to various matrix partners
- Business project support as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Minimum of five years of accounting, auditing and/or financial analysis experience
- Experience working successfully in a matrix environment
- Solid communication, both written and oral
- Proven analytical skills to quickly work through data and summarize findings
- Strong Detail-orientation
- Strong technical skills, using Microsoft Access and Excel