This Finance Analysis Director role is a critical leadership position with the Cigna Supplement Benefits (CSB) organization and will serve as a key member on the CSB General Managers lead team. The candidate will be responsible for leading the CSB Financial reporting and projection function, financial analysis, and partnering with other CSB leaders on various business initiatives.
Financial Reporting and Projections
- Responsible for timely and accurate monthly results, including membership / lapse reporting, sales ANP, and identifying and sizing appropriate R&Os. Continuously evolve management reporting to reflect segment priorities and track important trends.
- Lead quarterly projection process including appropriate enterprise and segment deliverables
- Lead 5 yearfinancial strategy
- Controllership of segment expenses, including business funded portfolio spend. Partner with business leads to develop budgets that support business goals that include optionality.
- Build metrics and analysis that support new initiatives (e.g., product rollout, distributionchannel expansion)
- Provide actionable analysis that identifies areas of opportunity to optimize the P&L and partner with the business to execute.
- Ensure the right expense trade-offs are made, making recommendations that consider long and short term objectives and consider all sources of spend. Analysis should include recommendations based on robust ROI modeling
- Partner with actuarial and analytics to enhance profitability modeling that considers all aspects of profit, including claim, lapse, acquisition, and maintenance expenses.
- Partner with distribution team to provide strategy support and ensure fundamentals in regards to:
- DTC partner evaluation.
- Call center strategy support,
- Sales compensation modeling & recommendations
- Broker decision support
- Other ad-hocsupport analysis as necessary
- Lead a small team of financial analysts to execute responsibilities.
- Ensure continuity and succession planning in place for key resources
- Ability to think and execute strategically, considering internal and external factors
- Strong competencies around dealing with ambiguity, analytic and decision making.
- Exceptional influencing and communication skills both written and verbally
- Able to work effectively at all levels in a highly matrixed organization
- Strong leadership and people management skills