Reporting to the Associate Director, Financial Aid Information Systems, the Financial Aid Data Analyst will work with a team to support the technical needs of the Office of Financial Aid. The Financial Aid Data Analyst will play a supporting role in determining and implementing strategies aimed at increasing efficiencies, streamlining processes, and ensuring quality control standards are met within the department. The Financial Aid Data Analyst is responsible for creating and maintaining the Argos reports and workflow for the Office of Financial Aid. Knowledge of Financial Aid and/or experience in a higher education environment is desired.
Related experience in a technical support role.
Substitution for Experience Requirement
Education may not be substituted for the experience requirement.
- Experience in higher education setting, preferably in financial aid.
- Argos Report Writer.
Proficient writing queries/scripts in SQL or PL/SQL.
- Knowledge of computer system capabilities, business processes and work flow.
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to work-task accomplishment.
- Ability to quickly adapt to utilize new computer applications.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and work under pressure in high stress situations.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to bridge functional and technical resources by communicating
effectively with individuals of varying systems expertise and business needs.
- Think critically and creatively, have a high standard of integrity and sound judgment in the use of data and commitment to accuracy and quality.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel).
- Understanding of relational database concepts.
- Knowledge of financial aid and/or experience in a higher education environment.
- Familiarity with Banner database structures.
- Experience with document management software and systems, such as OnBase.
Internal / External Contacts
Financial Aid Team, Administrative Systems Team, Controller’s Office, Cashier’s Office, Enrollment Division, Office of Institutional Research, students and families.
Frequently perform desk based computer tasks, seated work and use light/ fine grasping. Occasionally lift, carry, push pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
Regular work week but will require additional evening and weekend work as necessary, especially during peak processing seasons. Occasional travel is required for industry events, divisional events and training.
Security Sensitive YesCreates operational and analytical reports for financial aid staff using Argos report writer
- Distributes and disseminates reports accordingly
- Devises methods for identifying data patterns, trends in available information sources using a variety of qualitative and quantitative techniques
- Determines and recommends additional data collection and reporting requirements
- Designs and customizes reports based upon data in the database
- Serves as a resource for non-routine inquiries such as requests for statistics or surveys
- Leads the implementation of data standards and common data elements for data collection
- Collaborates with client / department manager to standardize and systemize routine reports, dashboards, and metrics
- May test prototype software and participate in approval and release process for new software
- Performs all other duties as assignedAdditional FunctionsDescription of Job Duty
- Assists in development of quality control rules in Banner
- Performs testing of new and existing systems, for upgrades and patches in Banner, and other systems; conducting and documenting
- Monitors output of automated processes to identify possible issues
- Responsible for document imaging system bridging updates
- Documents, cross-trains, and assists other technical staff as needed on issue resolution, data acquisition, and application/utility software maintenance
- Documents business rules and constructs use cases and workflow diagrams as needed.