About Finance at FiscalNote
As we ramp up in revenue, team size, and outside investments, our Finance team ensures clarity, consistency, and transparency surrounding our rapidly advancing financial position. Charged to understand growth companies and SaaS finance and accounting, the Finance team acts as the bastion of FiscalNote stability with its finger always on the pulse of the company’s financial affairs and operations.
Methodical. Detail-oriented. Tenacious. You are a self-starter who can work with little supervision. Always on the hunt for ways to help out, you proactively address issues and tasks to ensure ultimate attention and completion. You both understand and appreciate the need for clean and audit-able financial records in order to enable rapid and well-informed decision making. You are able to direct and supervise with clarity and firmness to achieving financial accounting objectives.
What To Expect in this Position:
- Ensure the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, reconciling, consolidating and entering transactions (routine and non-routine) for the entity’s various subsidiaries and lines of business. Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue and expense entries by compiling and analysing accounting information
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close, financial reporting and compliance requirements. Ensure all reporting deadlines are met
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Build, implement and maintain systems to help the Finance team work more efficiently and the entity scale
- Support and assist the Controller in daily cash requirements, and other tasks as determined such as vendor and customer management issues, payroll issues, etc.
- Support and assist the Finance team in establishing best practices in accounting processes to help the entity scale
- Prepare error-free accounting reports for internal and external purposes and present their results
- Lead, support and assist the Finance team in various recurring and one-time projects
- Lead, support and assist the Finance team in activities such as budgeting, forecasting and cost analysis
- Lead, support and assist the Finance team in completing the external audits by providing relevant information and supporting documents
- Supervise, train and build up the Finance team. Handle personnel issues relating to staff workloads, conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues and reviews.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance professional development of staff
- Participate in the integration of accounting for mergers and acquisitions
- Protect the entity’s value by keeping information confidential and secure
- Maintain related professional and technical knowledge. Maintain compliance with the entity’s policies and procedures
- Overall, collaborate with FiscalNote’s teams to achieve its strategic goals
What Sets You Apart:
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent experience with proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations (especially in SaaS business model or and growth-oriented companies dealing with stock based compensation, capitalized software development costs, etc.)
- Minimum 8+ years experience in accounting / finance
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities and consolidations (preferred)
- CPA (strongly preferred)
- 2 years of public accounting experience (preferred)
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office including strong Excel skills
- Advanced knowledge and experience with accounting software such as NetSuite or other equivalent platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and supervisory skills required
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure and meet deadlines required