Financial & Accounting Manager
at Broadcast Music, Inc.
Date Posted:10/27/2017ApplyNot ready to Apply?
POSITION SUMMARY: Direct and support Information Technology (IT) department in budgeting, forecasting, accounting, financial reporting and analysis, capital project cost oversite, financial governance and continuous improvement of financial policies and processes.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Collaborate with the IT and FP&A teams to create, execute and monitor the IT budget and related forecasts.
- Manage and account for project transactions, review project expenditures and project cost allocations for proper capital and expense allocations
- Proactively design and maintain actionable reporting and metrics that are appropriate for audiences from project team members to executive management.
- Collaborate with the resource manager to maintain the employee, contractor and consultant roster within budget.
- Execute streamlined vendor payment program for consultants in conjunction with Procurement
- Develop and maintain procurement schedule. Review and provide analysis for all IT expenditures and provide monthly executive level reporting.
- Collaborate with fixed asset accountant to ensure project costs are properly accounted.
- Create and maintain capital budget. Initiate, review, and provide analysis for capital requests.
- Lead impairment review/process.
- Perform month end transaction review, journal entries, and financial statement variance analysis for all IT departments.
- Identify, develop and execute solutions for cost reduction initiatives.
- Develop and deliver financial governance, compliance and standards for IT.
- Develop and maintain effective communication channels with IT and Accounting and Finance.
- Demonstrate executive level communication and leadership skills.
- Perform timely updates to applicable policies, process flows and procedures.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses requested by IT Management.
- Perform other accounting duties as needed.
- Maintain high standards through use of “best practices.”
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required. CPA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years accounting or finance experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Access).
- Experience in financial reporting, accounting policies and types of purchases (software, hardware, license agreements) related to information technology preferred.
- Proven experience interacting with senior level stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex and technical content particularly related to software capitalization
- Candidate should have demonstrated the ability to financially assess and manage activities with excellent communication and cultural sensitivity.
- Demonstrated executive level communication and leadership skills.
- Experience with the appropriate version of Oracle Financials modules a plus.