Job Posting DescriptionMarcum LLP is seeking an experienced accounting advisory professional to join our growing and well-established national Financial Accounting and Advisory Services group in our South Florida practice. This position requires a high-energy, experienced professional with strong interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and with a team, along with a strong desire to be willing to take on new challenges and responsibilities. Our growing financial accounting and advisory services practice provides tremendous career opportunities in an environment of the highest ethical standards and professionalism. We are committed to practicing work/life balance and offer extremely competitive salary
and benefit packages.
Marcum LLP provides outsourced accounting, financial reporting and advisory services to growing companies, and we're in search for a highly motivated experienced Director who is eager to make a difference in our client's businesses. In this position, you'll function as an extension of the company’s accounting and finance function to a variety of clients simultaneously. Being a key team member at several different clients will provide you with broad exposure to different businesses, management styles, and best practices.
- Develop and own strong relationships with clients and other stakeholders to meet all of their accounting and financial reporting needs including projects that:
- Participate in the development of and support the Client’s strategic plans
- Monitor the financial performance of Clients
- Compile and analyze financial reporting packages
- Prepare monthly and annual operating budgets
- and manage financial controls in accordance with the Client’s procedures
- Analyze and communicate financial metrics to senior management
- Provide leadership and support to Client’s accounts receivable and accounts payable function
- Prepare and review relevant work papers and account reconciliations supporting client accounting transactions
- Review financial statements, including cash flow statements and note disclosure and provide value added feedback
- Research complex accounting transactions and document conclusions
- Supervise, mentor, and train team members
- Network with industry professionals to generate new engagements
- Regional and local travel to client locations and training courses
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting
- CPA strongly preferred
- Solid working knowledge of US GAAP and/or IFRS including complex areas such as revenue recognition, leases, equity compensation, business acquisitions and dispositions, impairment analysis, etc.
- SEC reporting experience
- Ability to problem-solve and think quickly, creatively, and logically to respond to complex client inquiries in a timely manner
- A demonstrated ability to effectively organize, prioritize and manage multiple engagements under tight deadlines
- 10+ years of experience in public accounting or combination with private industry, however public accounting through Manager level a plus
- Big 4 experience preferred
- Small/emerging growth to mid-sized company background is preferred; additional large company exposure a plus
Job Posting Responsibilities Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.