Adapting to a constantly changing business environment requires efficient finance functions with the right technology and protocols in place that not only complete the task at hand, but also report out information that is useful to the business. Our Finance Transformation practice can help clients transform their finance and operations functions, both process-related and reporting, as well as design and implement sustainable models that streamline operations, and comply to business needs.
The Finance Transformation Manager is responsible for business process analysis, requirements definition efforts for remediating gaps, cost and cycle time analysis/remediation, and the communication and change management required to ensure success. This role looks beyond just control points and focuses on Finance Process Optimization changes that achieve necessary business transformation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop client-focused solutions based on understanding strategy, operations and management in a number of functional areas of corporations and organizations.
- Perform engagement management responsibilities, including performance reviews, task delegation, project scheduling, project financials, quality review and client management
- Utilize previous consulting and industry experience to help companies set and achieve their long-term goals.
- Perform accurate analysis and design effective solutions to a variety of client issues.
- Manage business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership material.
- Meet or exceed sales targets for new and follow-on work.
- Maintain a good working relationship with clients and work effectively with client management and staff at all levels to gather information and perform services.
- Work closely with Grant Thornton managers and partners to promptly identify and resolve client problems or issues.
- Communicate (verbally and in writing) externally with clients and internally with all levels of the organization to successfully accomplish objectives portraying knowledge and confidence
- Manage, develop, train, coach and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews
- Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization)
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- A minimum of 7 years in a consulting role serving cross-industry clients at a national level, or relative Finance function role(s) within Healthcare industry
- Strong analytical skills and ability to perform quantitative analysis and develop business cases.
- Process analysis, Reporting & Business Intelligence, Data Analysis & Reconciliation.
- Working knowledge of Close-the-books, Chart-of-Accounts, Treasury, Financial Planning and Analysis & Financial Benchmarking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Travel Percentage: 60% - 80%