Finance Team Director
We are currently seeking a Finance Team Director for one of our client account teams in Franklin Lakes, NJ
What this job involves:
You will manage, control and direct the accounting and financial functions in a high visibility, client-facing role.
- Preparation, management, consolidation and delivery of the annual plan and quarterly reforecast
- Supervision of the revenue recognition process
- Meeting accounts receivable objectives and metrics
- Supervision of the team in completion of quarterly auditschedules
- Developing and maintaining systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization
- Designing, implementing, documenting and maintaining policies and procedures that support efficient and effective processes as well as maintaining strong internal controls.
- Preparation of the monthly financialreporting package
- Overall accounting/finance team management, staff development and compensation planning. Managing and executing on staff succession and growth plans.
- Preparation of analysis and dashboard reporting for CAO and CFO of the client group, as well as Corporate.
- Producing and analyzing monthly and quarterly financial variance reports
- Preparing pipeline reports and dashboard metrics for business or product lines.
- Overseeing the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities
- Key financial/accounting liaison for Business Unit Executives, Product Line owners and Corporate. Act as advisor and strategic partner to these groups for all financial, operational and client matters
- Proactive decision making support to all stakeholders
- Ownership of the annual plan and quarterly reforecast
- Ownership of all financial processes within given span of control
- Leadership of managers, supervisors and/or professional staff
- Performance and results of multiple related units
- Developing departmental plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities
- Controling resources and policy formation in area of responsibility
Sound like you? Before you apply it’s worth knowing what we are looking for:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance plus a minimum of 10 years of related work experience
- CPA and/or MBA is preferred
- 5 years of direct management/supervisoryexperience; including training and evaluation of staff
- Audit and internal controls background is a plus
- Strong accounting skills
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in computer-based accounting applications. Experience with JD Edwards platforms a plus
- Strong analytical, organizational, and coordination skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills to internal and external parties
- Demonstrated consistency in values, principles and work ethic
- Understanding of and commitment to client service
- A desire to work within a diverse, collaborative, and driven professional environment