Job Description & Requirements
Under general direction, this position spends 80% of their time planning, designing, and maintaining Excel, PowerPivot, Access, Essbase or other database systems and programs for a designated Finance function. May also engage in cross functional tool development. This position will manage the development of our financial forecast and plan models as well as maintenance of several key reports.
The incumbent must demonstrate strong analytical competencies in the areas of data presentation and modeling. Knowledge of model building as well as some VBA code is required. Incumbent will also act as a lead contact and manage the integration of a long term planning solution.
The output of this job enables report production, complex analysis and forecasting related to performance of the business, particularly in the absence of an Enterprise IT solution.
- Designs Excel, PowerPivot, Essbase, Access or other software and databases to provide new and/or enhanced finance related applications.
- Designs report layouts, and file layouts using Excel, PowerPivot, Essbase, and system utilities tools.
- Project Management
- Provides support by answering questions via phone, email or IM about reports and the applications to enable colleagues to analyze and provide critical data.
- Documents processes for user education and resource.
- Diagnoses and reports problems in programs.
- Collects information about needs from users when creating tools.
- Ensure timelines for production are met.
- May provide orientation to new team members who will be using the reports or applications.
- Tests new tools and programs to ensure functionality and stability.
- Performs other duties as requested or required.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business or a quantitative/technical discipline is required. MBA preferred.
- 5 years’ experience in finance
- 2 years’ professional experience related to building models, tools and applications leveraging Excel, PowerPivot, Essbase, Access or similar databases and tools
- Demonstrated ability to build financial models
- Knowledge of Hyperion Financial Management, Essbase, Access, JD Edwards, or SAP a plus.
- Strong attention to detail, superior analytical capability, and excellent verbal and written communications. Experience in a manufacturing or consumer packaged goods environment is preferred.
- Must possess strong prioritization skills; flexibility and ability to multi-task on a daily basis.
- Ability to work and collaborate within a diverse team environment; strong team player.
- Must have the ability to travel and work for extended periods of time to meet deadlines for special projects.
- Intellectual curiosity and desire to learn