Impact patient outcomes. Come for a job, stay for a career. A Day in the Life
• Help manage the External Reporting Team’s preparation of and perform detailed workpaper review of the annual 10-K and quarterly 10-Q filings including financial statements, MD&A, footnote disclosures, and supporting schedules, to ensure compliance with SEC reporting requirements. Significant collaboration with Investor Relations. Help manage annual Irish Statutory Accounts reporting requirements. Ensure high quality of work is achieved while meeting necessary deadlines.
• Manage various Special Projects for Corporate Finance Management. Special Projects include a multitude of analysis, reporting, benchmarking, and ad hoc requests that require the ability to obtain necessary information from internal and external sources and prepare and present comprehensive, cohesive, and understandable presentations.
• Actively participate in advising business partners on complex technical accounting matters, including researching the relevant guidance to provide the appropriate interpretation of the guidance.
• Help manage the establishment of daily/weekly task prioritization and team effectiveness necessary to ensure successful development and execution of external reporting initiatives. Use influence, knowledge, and experience to drive problem solving and issue resolution. Help manage workpaper review.
• Actively participate in the monitoring, development, training, and implementation guidance to groups/areas/functional business partners on accounting policies and the proper application of U.S. GAAP.
• Maintain a high level of understanding of current and proposed/pending accounting and reporting requirements that may impact Medtronic through self-study, outside/web based seminars, and active participation in professional organizations and personal networks. Contribute to defining new accounting requirements, implementation direction and guidance.
• Help manage and review the External Reporting Team’s preparation of the financial statements for the benefit and retirement plans, including 11-Ks where applicable.
• Help act as a liaison between Medtronic and the external auditors (PwC) for quarterly review and annual audit procedures and special projects.
• Help lead continuous improvement in the SEC and Irish Statutory Accounts reporting processes and implement best practices.
• Participate in the continuous improvement of Medtronic’s global finance policies including assisting with the creation of new policies as needed.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements