Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure.
Engility Corporation is seeking a well-qualified Financial Analyst who will support a restricted program in the Washington, DC area. The candidate will provide Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution support to the customer’s Program Manager and Staff. Candidate must be familiar with all aspects/phases of the Planning, Programming and Budgeting System (PPBS) and life cycle management for military acquisitions. Typical Planning and Programming activities include: compiling information, data, analysis, and briefing materials supporting all phases of the PPBS submission. Candidate must be able to prepare budget documentation and briefing materials/charts supporting the PPBS budget rollout and briefings to higher authorities, sponsors and stakeholders. Assist program managers in compiling information supporting planning, programming and execution reviews to include mid-year, end-of-year and periodic reviews as required.
Typical Execution activities include: Preparing monthly financial and budget execution reports. Updating Excel workbooks to include financial execution data, and conducting analysis of and variances between actuals and benchmarks. Evaluate and prepare financial metrics on specified projects, sub-projects, and/or business areas and present recommendations as necessary. Assist in compiling annual obligation expenditure plans, execute funding documents, and perform financial management functions as required. Independently review budget guidance and/or instructions and responding to ad-hoc tasking to support the customer’s team.
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum) and five years (minimum) Planning, Programming and Budgeting (PPBS) experience providing programmatic support for Navy, DoD or IC program offices
- Must possess practical and managerial knowledge of and experience in the military acquisitions process and systems life cycle management
- Minimum of seven years and demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Project
- An active TS/SCI clearance with ability to obtiain a Counter-Intelligence (CI) polygraph post hire
Position is located at the Washington Navy Yard
- Working with NAVSEA and Naval Shipyards; advanced undersea R&D systems; prior military experience
- TS/SCI CI Poly
Requisition ID 2017-38185