Overview / Responsibilities
WOOD is currently seeking an experienced FP&A Manager for our Downstream & Chemcals business. The position will have FP&A responsibilities for the US and Latin America regions and join our Finance and Administration team located in Houston, TX @ the Wood Campus – Park 10 & Katy Freeway.
Will utilize Wood ERP’s & Hyperion Financial Management system to coordinate and manage reporting to ensure robust and insightful business reporting & analysis which facilitates and enhances business understanding and operational decision-making.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter that enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, has strong business acumen, excellent communication skills, possesses a high degree of intellectual curiosity, is an experienced supervisor/manager and has a strong finance/accounting background.
The role is accountable for managing a small team of analysts and providing strong business analytical support in the area of financial & management reporting, budgeting and forecasting.
Ability to multi task & manage numerous simultaneous priorities, strict aderhance to deadlines.
High energy, high ownership of work product and dedication and commitment to driving results.
Strong analytical & problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail, continuous improvement mindset.
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Support service line finance manager & FP&A manager in Preparation of financial plans, budgets and forecasts for the business
- Lead in the coordination of sense checking and validating bottoms up and/or tops down business intelligence from a variety of sources for project activities.
- Partner with finance manager and overhead department managers to develop and challenge staffing, budgets & forecasts for overhead and SG&A departments based on business needs.
- Provide the finance manager, operations leads and department management with insight on corrective actions as necessary.
- Provide input to bids and other BI requests when required, primarily for bid purposes on billing and cost rates, overhead components/rates and similar items.
- Support the service line finance & FP&A managers with ad hoc business analytic support & reporting
Management & Financial Reporting
- Ensure accurate, timely & robust financial reporting of monthly actuals against budgets, plans/forecasts.
- Coordinate & validate uploads from and to the Hyperion Financial Management system of monthly, supplementary, forecast & budget information
- Provide reporting of actual vs budgeted overhead costs for the business, identifying and communicating underlying drivers of variances to budgets, plans and forecasts.
- Contruct insightful and comprehensive bridges for variances from actuals to forecasts/plans/budgets by; P&L component, time frame, version
- Continuously track and report actual progress for service line, projects, operating & legal entities against plans, budgets, forecasts, identifying, analysing and explaining variances
- Support reporting of key KPI performance metrics, including P&L components; revenue, cost, margin, overhead, indirect costs, EBITA
- Ensure compliance with relevant Group policies, standards and operating procedures, including IFRS, GAAP & control framework requirements.
- Assist in developing business presentations to senior management
- Assist in reporting & analysis of business levers including; Working capital, DSO, Cash generation, synergies, business performance metrcs, etc.
Finance and Accounting Support
- Lead a small team of analysts, providing leadership, opportunities and guidance
- Assist in the understanding and explaining any central cost allocation methodologies.
- Work with Finance & Admin team members in other businesses across the Wood organization to meet reporting, system and business needs
- Work closely with FP&A Manager – Downstream & Chemicals – Americas in submissions, anlaysis, revisions, coordinating uploads, reconciling models to uploads, etc.
- Create efficiencies by continuously improving processes
- Understand business requirements, develop solutions to meet those requirements, and when required, manage or participate w/team memers to implement changes & process improvements
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, with a CPA or equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of Accounting / Finance
- Experience in planning and analysis function, role or related experience
Knowledge & Experience:
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office especially excel, ERP systems experience in Penta Financial system is desired by not required.
- Prior experience utilizing Hyperion Planning and / or Hyperion Financial Management and associated Smartview technology.
- High aptitude and experience for learning new systems.
Supervisory experience preferred