The finance business partner will be the lead financial decision maker for the business units driving the organization to meet the financial objectives of the organization. This individual will have full P&L ownership and work with the business unit general manager and business stakeholders to define the long-term strategic priorities and objectives for the business, the annual operating plans and financial targets. Further, this person will work with the management team to define opportunities to deliver strategic objectives.
In this role, you will collaborate with the functional leaders to assess performance and provide analysis regarding market position, competition, and operational performance, and delivery of key initiatives. As the financial leader for the business unit you will collaborate with corporate FP&A and regional controllers to ensure the collection, analysis and accurate projection of appropriate financial information to help the business continue to grow revenue and improve profitability according to the strategy of the business.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Support and influence key operational and strategic decisions
- Advise on key business planning assumptions, prioritization, trade-offs, and opportunities
- Interpret, explain and drive performance within the business, including key variance explanation
- Interpret and present industry, competitor, and economic assessments in collaboration with the appropriate parties
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and insights on specific issues
- Drive the production of the long-range, annual operating plan and all financial forecasts and ensuring alignment to R&D investments specifically to the business unit
- Provide input and guidance to Sales, Product Marketing and Professional Services teams in support of business development and sale activities with overall objective of delivering both the annual operating plan and the financial targets for the business.
Business Analysis & Reporting:
- Provide insightful analysis to quickly help the business to understand the drivers of performance and any ramifications for future initiatives.
- Drive the collection and distribution of KPIs and reporting required to drive the business unit.
- Partner with the Business Unit GM to take advantage of new opportunities or correct under-performance.
- Coordinate with regional controllers, Corporate FP&A, and other key stakeholders to manage the process of generating material for and completing monthly operating reviews
- Drive timely & accurate management reports
- Review & preparation of financial performance, including analysis, commentary, and explanation of key deviations
- Interpretation and explanation of financial information for the management team
- Provide ad-hoc business unit-specific reporting when necessary while leveraging standard reporting when possible.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting; Master's Degree preferred
- 8+ years of experience within a business (Finance) function with business analysis or business performance improvement activity required
- Experience in a software company finance role preferred
- Has a strong grasp of financial statements, accounting proficiency, and 3 statement modeling
- Hands-on financial professional possessing outstanding technical and analytical skills