This position will work within Finance Operations and the candidate will be responsible for the supervision and management of general accounting activities, analyses, business partnership, as well as the monthly management reporting.
The candidate will lead a team of 2-3 people and seek to continually improve processes and procedures for the monthly, quarterly and annual close.
In addition, this candidate will work closely with commercial team to ensure the monthly close is accurately completed so that senior management can act on financial results and metrics on a timely basis. Finance Operations includes Accounting, Reporting, Treasury, Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivables and Tax.
We are looking for a candidate with strong analytical and problem solving skills who is motivated and would like to develop a career as part of an evolving Finance department within a dynamic and growing company.
- Coordinate monthly close process including
- Oversee the preparation of the month close entries including global revenue recognition, accruals, allocation of support departments and recurring transactions.
- Direct the day-to-day actions of the entire accounting department
- Enforce the correct accounting policies, methods and principles are applied consistently
- Streamline systems and processes and initiate corrective actions when necessary
- Ensure adequate supporting documentations for journals and accounts are prepared and maintained
- Review global intercompany entries verifying they are appropriately posted with the associated transactions
- Ensure data in general ledger software (NetSuite) and the reporting tool (Adaptive) is in sync at all times
- Prepare monthly management reporting summary, supporting reports and communicate consolidated results including commentary and key financial metrics.
- Continuously review and challenge all Finance processes and activities and bring forward improvement recommendations including process automation for consideration while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Oversee maintenance of the time reporting tool including ensuring that employees promptly submit their time and entries are appropriately uploaded into NetSuite during the monthly close
- Support FP&A and Global Finance teams
- Lead monthly financial close meetings to ensure that all issues affecting the close are identified and resolved.
- Assist in preparation of the annual budget
- Oversee preparation of the monthly support department reporting
- Educate team about functionality and existing reports in NetSuite and Adaptive
- Manage and develop of team of 2-3 staff members
- Minimum of 8years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- 2-3 years’ experience managing employees in an Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor or a Finance Manager role
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and use sound judgment in decision making
- Strong written and oral communication skills and an ability to communicate with internal and external clients at all levels
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines and deliver results
- Experience with Adaptive and NetSuite or a general ledger software is a plus
- Strong Microsoft Office (especially Excel) skills a must
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.