The Finance Operations Manager’s role is to effectively manage the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions for Medifast, Inc. The Individual will be responsible for the daily management of the these 2 areas which includes the timely payment of vendor invoices, oversight of the Travel and Expense reimbursement process, ensuring compliance with corporate policies, processing of changes to vendor master files, Processes 1099’s for all suppliers paid by the company, and providing leadership over continuous improvement projects within the department. Role oversees the Treasury functions around the managing and funding of company bank accounts / contact person for User set ups and maintenance of various systems (eg, Concur, Wells Fargo, BOA), creation of bank accounts and coordination of ACH activity with our bank.
- Daily Supervision of the Accounts Payable, and Accounts Receivable functions.
- Oversee the Travel and Entertainment Expense process for the company. Reimburse in in accordance to company policy and perform related reporting to highlight activity and exceptions to policy. Perform periodic audits on expense reports and document activity in review log.
- Oversee the timely processing of Invoices, Commission Payments, ACH transactions, Cash Application / Collection as well as Manage the weekly check run process for each of the Medifast, Inc. business units while maintaining compliance with SOX documentation. Maintains vendor master files. Transactions should be processed timely and meet company commitments.
- Credit Card Activity – Purchase Card, Travel & Expense cards – Manage the PCard / T&E card reporting process.
- Complete Month End Closing Tasks as assigned per the communicated closing timeline.
- Produce monthly, quarterly, annual reporting.
- Aggressively pursue continuous improvement projects that will make the team more efficient, improve control and compliance, or that will improve the accuracy and timeliness of the financial results.
- Know and comply with company policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- 7+ years of accounting/financeexperience with 3-5years of managerial accounting experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Verbal and written communication skills required.