We are looking for Finance Operations to Permanent Role Atlanta, GA. Finance Operations will supervise, monitor and evaluate all day-to day accounting activities. This hands-on role includes understanding existing systems to develop, implement and streamline processes for collecting, analyzing, verifying and reporting financial information.
Skills for Finance Operations:
· Bachelordegree and 5years accounting experience is required.
· In depth QuickBooks experience is preferred.
· Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations.
· Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel and Access.
· Must have the ability to manipulate and analyze large amounts of data.
· Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy are required.
· Must have good interpersonal skills and the ability to work withassociates at all levels.
· Must be a team player with a positive attitude.
Physical Abilities Requirements
· Ability to sit for extended periods.
· Fine dexterity to operate computer, calculator and other office equipment.
· Visual acuity to inspect documents for accuracy.
· Ability to hear and speak to exchange information.
· Ability to occasionally bend, stoop and reach for supplies, files, etc.
· Ability to occasionally lift and carry office items weighing up to 10 pounds.
· Ability to attend work on a regular basis
Responsibilities for Finance Operations:
· Manage the daily operations of the Accounting Department.
· Direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy.
· Process month and year end, accounts payable/receivable, check runs, cash receipts, general ledger, payroll, budgeting, cash forecasting, revenue and expenditure variance analysis and fixed asset activity.
· Financial project management and statement preparation.
· Create internal management and financialreporting.
· Assist with preparation of external reporting for federal, state and local governments.
· Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles.
· Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions.
· Meet financial accounting objectives.
· Additional projects and duties as assigned.
· According to Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP), prepares standard and specialized reports including balance sheets and income statments.
· Analyzes moderately complex financialreports and records and makes recommendations relative to the accounting reserves, assets and expenditures.
· Reconciles and adjusts various general ledger accounts and bank statements for reporting purposes.