The Project Manager for Finance Operation Model will provide leadership, professional oversight and support of key initiatives derived from the Finance Operating Model strategic plan and team mission, to deliver solutions that promote efficiency, internal customer service and expense savings which are in compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements.
This position is a member of the Finance Transformation team, responsible for providing project management help govern, implement and maintain the best-in-class business practices.
The Project Manager will be analytical, technically proficient, possess the necessary drive, business and operational acumen, excellent written and verbal communication skills and be a confident and collaborative project management leader.
The Finance Operating Model’s objective is to:
• Understand the strategic direction set by Finance Leadership and use considerable judgment to determine the best solutions to deliver on those objectives;
• Understand the connection points across Finance Functions and ensure that meaningful progress is being made in all areas of prioritization;
• Provide oversight and leadership to project teams engaged in the delivery of a wide range of Operating Model initiatives;
• Provide support to Finance Leadership in development of initiatives and building strong relationships within Finance;
• Maintain an understanding of advancements in regulations, technology and innovations impacting the Finance Operating Model
Key responsibilities include:
Project and Change Management:
- Strategic Input – Participate in the development of the Financial Operating Model strategy design and prioritization.
- Drive outcomes – Primary responsibility for the execution of key initiatives within the scope of the Finance Operating Model team. Understand the desired outcome of the initiatives and translate those into measureable steps and deliverables to ensure the desired benefits are realized.
- Project Management – Project management and oversight of the initiatives with accountability for timeliness and alignment with objectives.
- Governance – Ensure proper scoping, diligence, budget, project charter (when desired) and planbefore and during project work.
- Change management – Help transition from “build” to “run” for each of the key initiatives. Encourage people and help them manage through change.
- Communication – Clear and timely communication across the organization on the status and benefits of past, current and future initiatives.
- Develop People – Empower the PayPal team to identify challenges and suggest improvement opportunities, while continuing to develop and grow our people
- Support CAO strategic goals - improve process efficiency and effectiveness. Drive process excellence through effective project management methodologies.
Requisite Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Accounting, Finance, or Business degree, or related curriculum.
- Project Managementexperience with 8-10+ years relevant experience with experience Finance Operations, Technology implementation projects, or Accounting/Controlling
- Exposure to project management with SAP or in the areas of Procure-to-Pay / Record-to-Report.
- Minimum 8-10 years of project management experience leading system implementations or large business transformation initiatives
- Experience in working with business intelligence and reporting tools.
- Strong analytical, planning, and problem solving aptitude
- Ability to successfully partner with the stakeholders and functional managers within Finance and across PayPal Senior Management.
- Exceptional communication skills and working with remote teams is critical to success.
- Strong business acumen, problem solving, influencing skills and decision making adeptness.
- Preferred experience in improving financialprocesses and reducing costs, while maintaining and improving quality.
- Collaboration with a broad spectrum of team members and leaders within the organization to write, update and/or promote policy.
- Proficient and creative in developing financialreporting, score carding and presentations
- Ability to assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risk of issue presented; make recommendations and/or resolve the issue
- Ability to set priorities, create project plans, and monitor progress towards goals/activities
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.