SUMMARY: As a leader in the banking industry, BankUnited is a fast paced, dynamic company driven by a keen entrepreneurial spirit. We are currently rebuilding our Financial Planning and Analysis team to help take Corporate Finance to the next level in our evolution, and we are looking for talented individuals who are eager to be a part of building something new and cutting edge. If you thrive in a constantly changing environment, are excited by the opportunity to think outside the box and challenge the status quo and excel at multi-tasking and working under pressure, then this might be the perfect role for you!
Finance Officers focus on maximizing bottom line opportunities for our organization by partnering strategically with their business line executives and providing guidance and support on decision making, revenue generation opportunities, expense management and performance management. Finance Officers partner with the Business Intelligence and Reporting team to design, develop and maintain comprehensive reporting packages and robust dashboards for their business units that provide enhanced performance and financial health reporting with value-add analytics. Finance Officers also collaborate with Business Line Executives to identify trends based on both historical and forward looking data to develop actionable management forecasts and budgets. Finance Officers should also play a role in developing and implementing changes in corporate policies and procedures, while recommending improvements to align business needs with enterprise goals and to promote continuous improvement and operational efficiency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work independently, with limited direct supervisory oversight in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with continuously evolving business needs, job requirements and responsibilities.
- Manage and support all phases of financial planning and analysis for assigned business lines, including forecasting, analytics and reporting.
- Provide business line executives with predictive and performance analytics to facilitate informed decision-making.
- Study current market trends and partner with business lines to advise senior management team on potential revenue generating opportunities and new products and services, while predicting financial risks and establishing mitigation plans.
- Actively assist in the development of annual budgets, quarterly forecasts, quarterly leadership reviews, and 3-year strategic plans.
- Partner with executives to oversee designated business lines' financial resources to drive profitability, appropriately manage spend and achieve the year's financial targets.
- Provide information to executive management clearly, accurately and consistently by assembling and summarizing data and preparing/presenting findings, analysis and recommendations on an on-going basis.
- Gather and develop business requirements to create interactive KPI dashboards, and help manage data sets that support BI models designed to track performance of business lines by comparing and analyzing budgets and forecasts with actual results, trends, and variances.
- Stay up-to-date on the Financial tech ecosystem, providing insightful and relevant content to help create organic and inorganic strategies to drive innovation.
- Build financial models and perform valuation analysis as needed to evaluate products, customer relationships, portfolio segments and new business opportunities.
- Work closely with the accounting team to insure accurate financial reporting.
- Work on ad-hoc projects as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor's Degree required. Finance, accounting, economics, statistics or related field are preferred majors.
- Minimum of 5-6 years of progressive, quantitatively heavy analytical experience working in a fast-moving, complex and high pressure environment required.
- Financial industry experience preferred, but requisite experience in other industries will be considered.
- MBA or CFA preferred.
- Proficiency in Axiom EPM or other like financial systems preferred.
- Mastery of advanced Excel a must. Experience working with business intelligence and data visualization tools such as Power BI or Tableau strongly preferred.