The position for the Worldwide Safety and Regulatory (WSR) Finance Manager will be the Finance business partner to the SVP of Worldwide Regulatory Operations and Five VPs of Regulatory Strategy for each Therapeutic Category and their respective leadership teams. As a strong business partner, this person will help the leaders and their leadership teams develop and achieve their business objectives and provide financial insights and advice in achieving these objectives. This support includes core financial processes, such as budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis and resource reallocation. This role will also provide financial guidance on various issues to teams. This person should have superior financial and analytical skills and a proven track record of professional, academic, and personal achievement. A demonstrated ability to work proactively, negotiate, influence, relate well to others, and “think outside the box” will further enable the candidate to advise, support and problem solve with Senior Management.
* Business analysis and business counseling
You will be expected to develop a broad understanding of research and development financial and operational issues, to provide critical business analyses to senior management. You will be expected to work closely with management to help them strategically and operationally execute the growing business.
Regular, monthly and ad hoc reports; to include actual results, comparison to established target levels, and forecasted estimates. Will include identification of variances and the analysis of operational drivers, defining implications to the business and suggested actions.
* Budget Development
You will prepare and submit the annual budget, including funding levels, capital planning and the categorization and timing of spend. Will work with Senior Management to identify reallocation and savings opportunities, and then coordinate budget needs with the global team.
Responsible for ongoing analysis of spend in the line and the early identification of variances and changes in requirements.
You will be responsible for ensuring compliance with financial accounting and control principles and policy compliance.
You will be called upon to lead projects that cross sites and lines, coordinating the efforts of other analysts on your matrixed teams. Examples of this include identification of best business practices, and reviewing processes to enhance standardization across sites.
- Experience: 5+ years of related business/financial experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Excellent leadership, presentation and oral/written communication skills, along with the ability to work effectively in a matrixed environment are also critical to success.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to take initiative on additional responsibilities and grow within Pfizer. Candidate must consistently practice the Pfizer Values and Leader Behaviors.
- A solid understanding of the Microsoft Office suite, with advanced knowledge of Excel, is required.
- MBA and/or CPA or equivalent strongly preferred.
- Experience in SAP preferred