WEX Inc. is seeking a self-driven and motivated professional to join their finance team, located in Portland, Maine. As a Finance Manager supporting North America Large Fleet, Government and Telematics, you will have the opportunity to partner with a team of employees in finance, supporting employees in sales, marketing, operations, and other support departments.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced system thinker who understands how and when to apply technology to the Finance and Accounting functions to scale and continually improve.
The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Oversee the annual budget and forecast process for the Large Fleet. Government & Telematics lines of business. Drive meaningful insight from large quantities of data.
- Support the P&L for the line of business in relation to month end close and producing variance analysis.
- Manage direct staff of 2+ financial analysts.
- Inspire and collaborate with organizational leadership by providing insight to key trends affecting both the business and the market.
- Analyze various ad hoc reports to ensure management makes the best financial decisions for the business.
- Strategically support corporate FP&A to ensure insight into the business is appropriately communicated to the leadership of the company, aligning with WEX's goals.
- Provide leadership, mentoring and support to the business as a trusted finance expert.
- Drive change and scale leveraging best-in-class training, processes, and systems. Identify areas of improvement and work with business leadership to implement change.
- Integrate quickly with functional leaders and counterparts to enable WEX to grow rapidly and profitability.
- BS/BA degree in a relevant area such as Finance or Accounting. MBA, CPA and other relevant degree / certifications highly desirable.
- 5 years+ of relevant experience to the performance objectives outlined above, with demonstrated success in positions of increasing complexity and responsibility.
- Advanced Excel skills required as well as proficiency with PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with Peoplesoft and Hyperion Financial Management packages is a plus.
- Proven ability to prioritize numerous requests, ensuring tight timelines are met from both a month end and quarter end close perspective.
- Experience in a Global Company focusing on Technology, Payments Technology or Software Development is desirable.