Summary: This position reports directly to the VP Operations Finance and works closely with the Plant Manager and their team. We are looking for an analytically minded finance manager that will work with all functions to improve profitability and business performance. They will identify process improvement opportunities and partner with local management to ensure improvements and solutions are implemented.
Job Objective: This position is responsible for providing partnership to the Plant Manager and guidance in the establishment of sound financial processes, systems controls and manufacturing procedures to ensure accurate financial results. Work with the Finance and Manufacturing leadership to achieve financial and accounting excellence through development and establishment of consistent financial oversight for all financial aspects related to the plant. Strive for continuous improvement in all aspects of manufacturing and supply chain finance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure that effective internal controls are established and adhered to comply with GAAP/IFRS and applicable federal, state, and local regulatory laws for financial and tax reporting.
- Oversee preparation of budgets/forecasts and manage all records and accounts for periodic annual audits.
- Review and properly code spending requests for operating, capital expenditures, research and development projects, and major expense projects and provide financial guidance on plant investments.
- Partner with business leaders to develop and report out on key financial metrics during monthly operational review with executive team.
- Align financial data gathering to meet needs of manufacturing environment per factory focus direction.
- Business partner with production, operations, supply chain, project management, FP&A, accounting
- Cost accounting - costing of new products, labor, overhead, materials, etc.
- Manufacturing analysis, variance analysis (labor, material, OH).
- Fixed assets controls.
- Inventory: transaction analysis, cycle counts, WIP, physical inventory, etc.
- Partner with other plant finance teams to ensure accurate transaction related to movement between plants.
- Provide management reporting to convey results, highlight risks, opportunities and to support improved results.
- Partner with other departments to solve business problems while ensuring compliance.
- Other duties may be assigned or required for the performance of this position.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance.
- MBA or Master's degree in Business preferred.
- 7-10 years' experience in accounting and finance.
- 5 years' experience in manufacturing or cost accounting.
- Exceptional computer and analytical skills including experience including Oracle, Hyperion HFM and PBCS, Microsoft suite, and financial analysis and reporting applications.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Experience performing financial, operational, and system efficiency improvement projects.
- Ability to think independently and have a professional demeanor, a can-do attitude and other qualities that include decisiveness, excellent analytical, problem-solving, organizational, and project management skills.
- Detail-oriented, able to work according to schedules and work plans, able to ask good questions and request help as needed.
- Strong Communication and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively with levels of employees.