This position provides overall technical and people leadership to the financial operations of the Shared Services Center. This position will have oversight of the Shared Services Center financial team, work closely with other Shared Services teams and coordinate with participating HSA units with regard to financial transactions and customer support. This entry level supervisory position would be excellent for a person with deep customer service skills and a drive for improvement in a collaborative start-up environment.
This position supervises a fiscal team of 4 FTE and ensures the operational success of the day-to-day activity of the team and the customers who they support. This includes but is not limited to approving work completed by the finance team, employee performance management, staff coaching, regularly assigning tasks to staff, monitoring budget and fiscal functions, collecting data, analyzing data, and interpreting data for SMT.
The incumbent will have decision-making authority with respect to processes, approving expenditures, staff assignments, and customer communications. This position will also be the cornerstone of continuing to build successful and collaborative relationships with existing customers and potential customers.
Daily fiscal management:
• Review and approve purchase orders, travel reimbursements, non-travel reimbursements, invoice payments, and blanket purchase order changes.
• Oversee monthly billing for customers.
• Run queries and make progress status reports for budget reconciliation process.
• Review ProCard activity of fiscal staff and of customers.
Occasional fiscal management and development –
• Develop semiannual financialreports for Management Accounting & Analysis and HSA Finance Director.
• Review variance of spend on budgets.
• Develop policies and procedures for CSS and customers.
• Providing trainings to customers on a variety of topics (Travel, Purchasing, ProCard Management).
• Conduct regular one-on-one with each staff member.
• Complete annual performance evaluations of staff members.
• Lead finance recruitment, hiring, training and disciplinary action when needed.
• Engage staff in continuous process improvement.
• Successfully maintain healthy working relationships with customer
Other duties as assigned:
• Perform related tasks as assigned.
• Bachelor's degrees in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or related field.
• Three years of experience in an administration or department finance setting. Or equivalent combination of education/experience.
• Three plus years of experience managing staff, preferably finance or accounting staff.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
• Lead experience or demonstrated leadership in people or process management may suffice.
• Experience in an administration or department finance setting. Or equivalent combination of education/experience.
• Knowledge of UW policies, systems, regulations, and institutional/state compliance as it relates to finance and accounting.
• Experience in process improvement environment.
• Ability to strategically develop short-term and long-term plans