ABOUT THE POSITION
Columbia Sportswear Finance & Accounting teams oversee the financial health and forward strategy for a portfolio of four global brands. These teams exercise expertise across Compliance, Credit, Financial Planning and Reporting, Tax, Treasury, and Strategy. Advancing traditional Finance & Accounting functions, the organization is also driving exciting innovation in the application of advanced analytics and automated intelligence
As the Manager for Columbia’s US Wholesale business you will provide strategic and financial planning and analysis support for the US Wholesale Columbia leadership team. Within this role you’ll deliver financial plans and deep business and financial analysis to inform and influence decision making at the region and corporate levels.
You’ll lead the charge on identifying, analyzing and monitoring issues that affect profitability, growth and productivity. You will also guide the creation of financial and non-financial strategic alternatives, along with the development and maintenance of operational plans.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Lead the development and compilation of the long-range plan, annual budget and quarterly forecasts for the US Wholesale Columbia business. Ensure that the objectives inherent in financial plans are consistent with Columbia’s strategic plan. Perform financial analysis, addressing variances, tracking root causes and identifying and recommending potential risks, opportunities, and resource allocation-based decisions.
- Own delivery of all financial forecasts for the US Wholesale business, providing deep expertise on financial drivers within the plan.
- Develop executive review materials to communicate financial plans and to inform related decisions including strategic initiatives, marketing, capital expenditures, headcount and other forms of investment. Clearly articulate and present financial plans and business cases to executive leadership.
- Support aggregation of US Wholesale Columbia into the North America Regional plan for all financial planning deliverables, coordinating needed inputs with peers in NA Direct to Consumer and Canada finance roles and serving as primary point of contact for the North America GM.
- Partner with Planning and Accounting teams to ensure alignment and understanding of inputs to the US Wholesale Columbia financial plan, including corporate forecast, inventory and other COGS analysis and planning.
Financial & Management Reporting:
- Develop and distribute regional financial and management reporting to inform leadership regarding business performance and to aid in influencing decisions that impacts financial performance including profitability and cash flow.
- Lead and support the development and presentation of the North America Quarterly Business Review (QBR) with the region’s leadership team, to an audience including corporate executives and Finance leadership. Ensure the QBR represents regional business performance and isolate key decisions and business issues requiring executive visibility and input.
- Contribute to efforts improving CSC’s capability in measuring, reporting and analyzing all aspects related to regional performance. Partner with corporate finance teams to evolve these capabilities at the enterprise and regional levels.
- Detailed and analytical, driving financial analyses and cross-functional projects to inform decision making and needed operational improvements based on financial trends and results
- A born problem solver, engaging with the regional leadership team in review of business and financial analysis to resolve issues and recommend decisions and courses of action
- Collaborative and consultative, capable of engaging with the VP, senior business leadership, and key cross-functional partners to align expectations and set priorities in support of the EVP and GM for the US Wholesale market
- 10+ years of relevant business experience with accountability for financial planning, reporting and analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or a business-related field – MBA or CPA is of additional interest
- Ability to independently lead and drive complex and cross-functional business analyses, processes, programs and/or projects
- Demonstrated financial modeling/analysis skills (including economic analysis concepts – IRR, NPV, etc.) with ability to evaluate and translate business performance or proposals into an objective business case and financial evaluation
- Superior business and financial acumen with an ability to effectively influence and challenge key decision making including that of executive leadership
- Experience working for a multi-national consumer products company - preferred