Tivo Corporation is seeking a talented and energetic Finance Manager to provide financial expertise and guidance to the Metadata and Advanced Marketing and Analytics teams. The Finance Manager will directly interact with senior management and be an integral member of the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team.
This position will be responsible for the financial management process, including forecasting, management reporting, and providing intuitive and meaningful financial analysis in support of the Metadata and Advanced Marketing and Analytics groups.
The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and communication skills, be a team player and able to effectively partner across all levels of the organization.
Role & Responsibilities
- Provide financial management and analysis, acting as primary point of contact for leaders at the Director and VP levels.
- Partner with business managers to prepare robust annual budgets.
- Prepare monthly expense forecasts provide insights into month-over-month variances and trends to FP&A management.
- Prepare and present monthly reporting packages on P&L results and forecast.
- Help in identifying cost savings opportunities and recommend areas for improvement.
- Assist in the annual company-wide strategic planning process.
- Drive the month-end close process, including preparation of month-end expense accruals and other journal entries as needed.
- Act as liaison between business partners and the Accounting team as necessary, helping to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Review Purchase Orders and Headcount Requisitions and verify expenses are in compliance with budgeted amounts.
- Prepare ad hoc financial analyses and work on other special projects on an as-needed basis.
- Accounting and/or previous Financial Planning & Analysis experience.
- Technical Skills: Oracle, Hyperion and Essbase experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word programs.
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration or Accounting.
- Minimum 5-8 years accounting/finance experience.
- Must have strong quantitative analytical skills and be able to think strategically.
- Proven self-starter and independent problem-solving ability.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines while maintaining high quality work.