Prudential's Workplace Solutions Group (WSG), which comprises Prudential's Retirement and Group Insurance businesses – serving over 23 million customers, is seeking a highly motivated, results driven FP&A Manager to lead the expense planning and analysis support of Full Service Retirement. WSG Cost Optimization & Performance Measurement team is responsible for planning, forecasting, financial reporting, and business measurement for the Workplace Solution Group segment.
Prudential Retirement's Finance Team is seeking a highly analytical, strong collaborator for a Finance Manager Strategic & Business Initiatives role on their team. The individual in this role will partner with leaders across the Full Service and Investment & Pension Solutions businesses, Finance, the Project Management Office and Technology to manage the strategic investments of Retirement. It is an exciting opportunity for a highly organized and motivated individual to partner with leaders in their day-to-day decision making, specifically as it relates to the portfolio of strategic and business initiatives.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Own the Retirement cost benefit analysis process, including assessing total project costs and benefits
- Track and report the portfolio of Business and Strategic Initiatives to monitor project status and support cost/benefit analysis to facilitate decisions by Senior Leadership; partner closely with the PMO and Technology organizations to ensure alignment on strategic portfolio.
- Provide Corporate level Reporting of Business and Strategic Initiatives to ensure transparency and alignment with overall Prudential initiative reporting
- Lead the monthly process to create the SLT business and strategic initiative financial reporting materials; develop actionable recommendations for optimizing spend and benefits in line with the business strategy and priorities
- Integrate initiative costs and benefits within the financial plan and forecasts. Ensure the detail tracking of benefits across both the business led FSS 20/20 portfolio and strategic portfolios
- Act as lead point of contact with business partners to ensure transparency between business led FSS 20/20 portfolio and strategic portfolios.
- Create strong business partnerships while gaining a thorough understanding of the business being supported.
- Produce actionable analytics and insightful financial metrics to facilitate transparency and drive portfolio decision making
- Communicate and review monthly strategic portfolio results and analysis with business heads to facilitate decision making
- Own the quarterly project-level capitalization/amortization review; partner with key stakeholders
- Manage ad hoc requests for financial information and implement efficiencies around production
- Participation in ad-hoc projects within Retirement and/or across Workplace Solutions Group (WSG) and Prudential
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting or Business, with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, preferably in financial roles
- Advanced degree, MBA or CPA preferred
- Analytical and conceptual thinking skills, with the ability to problem solve.
- Demonstrated ability to thoughtfully analyze, assess, challenge and influence across internal business partners
- Excellent communication skills and ability to foster relationships
- Displays a Continuous improvement mindset. Able to proactively identify, analyze, and improve upon existing processes for optimization and to meet new deadlines or standards of quality.
- Innovation mindset with the willingness to challenge the status quo.
- Uses appropriate applications and identifies opportunities to better leverage technology to complete tasks more efficiently and effectively.
- Highly collaborative and team oriented leadership style
- Self-motivated and proactive with exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Discretion to deal with confidential information
- Agile and organized with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple demands. Able to proactively anticipate issues, provide recommendations, and communicate key issues at the right level at the right time.
- Able to apply knowledge of company objectives, operations, and key business drivers and of finance to evaluate business performance and contribute to operational and strategic decision-making.
- Proven ability to navigate matrixed organizations
- Advanced PC skills required (Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Primary location is Hartford, CT, but open to other locations for well qualified candidates.