What you’ll be doing...
The FP&A Organization
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, enhance systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. We want to build leading FP&A practices within Verizon, setting the stage to become the place any FP&A professional wants to work. You can become a catalyst for change.
FP&A Center of Excellence Team
Reshaping the future of FP&A at Verizon, calls for improving our ability to deliver exceptional value to our customers. Being a part of the Center of Excellence (COE) team you will work alongside financial professionals and business leaders, gaining opportunities to grow and develop to build a strong FP&A foundation. You will be involved in, target setting, reporting & analysis, planning and forecasting, and guiding the strategic direction across Verizon. Explore the breadth of opportunities that come with aligning your expertise with the future of superior networks, systems, analytics and video, to improve the way people live work and play.
- Serve as a direct interface to Business Unit FP&A and work on developing the products
- Work with Business Unit FP&A to identify, prioritize inbound requests and performs the work with Center of Excellence multi-disciplines.
- Accountable for working with each Center of Excellence discipline to make key Center of Excellence decisions and recommendations to ensure quality and delivery of all financial planning, reporting, analysis & documentation for their designated discipline: Planning & Forecasting, Reporting & Analysis.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert of a Center of Excellence discipline to provide guidance and recommendations on the optimal delivery of standard and ad-hoc business requests.
- Act as a functional expert in providing guidance and mentorship to Center of Excellence resources for completing tasks, projects, and general professional development.
- Design, develop, and execute methods and that feed improvement to the processes that pertain to the Center of Excellence.
- Direct special projects, ad-hoc analysis, and report and plantemplate solutions in coordination with Business Unit FP&A and Center of Excellence team.
- Assess the impact of strategic financial decisions for Business Unit FP&A.
- Provide ad-hoc, one-off and non-routine requests engaging the Business Unit FP&A and the Center of Excellence team.
- Present and communicate to all levels of the business.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
Even better if you have:
- A Master's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- Experience in the technology and/or telecommunications industry.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills with the proven ability to focus on the details.
- A professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA).
- Advanced knowledge of any single Center of Excellence discipline: Planning and Forecasting, Reporting and Analysis, or Profitability.
- High degree of strategic and analytical capability, including the ability to analyze a large amount of data.
- Strong strategic skills, with the ability to identify and assess key points, implications, and recommendations; ability to structure business case around a high-level strategic vision.
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement initiatives, root cause analysis, and project management.
- Knowledge in the usage of Essbase, Smart View, Hyperion Planning, and Hyperion Strategic Finance.
- Experience leading large and complex projects with minimal supervision and overseeing team members.
- Knowledge in the usage of OBIEE, Tableau, SQL, and/or similar tools.