5 - 7 years experience • Arts & Entertainment
Universal Music Group is seeking a Finance Manager to join our Finance Team in Santa Monica, California.
This is a full-time role that offers a competitive base salary and AIP bonus eligibility.
In this role...
- You will be responsible for supporting the monthly close process.
- You'll also build periodic financial forecasts, improve financial models & reporting, and provide project & ad hoc analyses.
To be successful, you should have...
- 4+ years of professional experience in financial planning & analysis, accounting, auditing, etc.; a background in the music/entertainment industry is helpful.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree; a Master's of Business Administration (MBA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license is preferred.
- Proficiency using MS Excel & PowerPoint - with an emphasis on complex modelling, graphing, & visual presentation.
- Knowledge of accounting & financial applications software - i.e. Hyperion Financial Management/Smartview Reporting, SAP Business Planning & Consolidation (BPC).
- Previous experience managing direct reports is strongly preferred.
- Strong oral & written communication skills; an ability to establish quick rapport with people across the business.
Universal Music Group is the world leader in music-based entertainment, with a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. Featuring the most comprehensive catalog of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMG identifies and develops artists and produces and distributes the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the world. Committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship, UMG fosters the development of services, platforms, and business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.