WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Manager handles financial optimization of the business model strategically and on a day-to-day basis. The Manager identifies opportunities to enhance performance and partners with operators to monitor performance and support actions to drive change. The Manager works on initiatives to enhance performance on a go-forward basis. The Manager forecasts performance forward based upon known improvement initiatives.
- Ensures quality of care and patient satisfaction.
- Develops personnel and workforce to ensure adequate staffing.
- Participates in research, education & training initiatives.
- Maintains operational profitability.
- Participates in long-range business planning.
- Ensures physical & technologyinfrastructure meets functional needs.
WHAT WE SEEK
- Required - Bachelor's degree in Finance/Business related field
- Preferred - Master's degree in Finance or related business oriented field
- Required - 5 years related health care experience including two years of supervision or management experience OR completion of the Ochsner Health System Finance Fellowship Program.
- Preferred - Experience in an ambulatory care setting
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of information.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally.
- Must be proficient with Windows-style applications, various software packages specific to role and keyboard.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Analytical skills to interpret data and develop options to improve performance.
- Ability to maintain a high level of fiscal responsibility; ability to influence other leaders in fiscal issues.
- Excellent judgment, decision-making and delegating skills.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, and maintain complete confidentiality.
WHERE YOU'LL WORK
Dickory – Ochsner Operations Center, located on Dickory Avenue in Harahan, LA is home to many our corporate functions, including: Payroll, Accounting, HIM, Coding, Finance Administration & Information Systems. This facility serves as our hub for Epic Training!
WHO WE ARE
Ochsner Health System is Louisiana’s largest non-profit, academic, healthcare system. Driven by a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate, coordinated clinical and hospital patient care is provided across the region by Ochsner's 29 owned, managed and affiliated hospitals and more than 80 health centers and urgent care centers. Ochsner is the only Louisiana hospital recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a “Best Hospital” across four specialty categories caring for patients from all 50 states and more than 80 countries worldwide each year. Ochsner employs more than 18,000 employees and over 1,100 physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties, and conducts more than 600 clinical research studies. Ochsner Health System is proud to be a tobacco-free environment