The Finance Manager functions as a business support person to the plant and financial management team. Core activities include analytical efforts associated with understanding manufacturing variances, supporting the monthly financial close, cost reduction recommendations and process change agent.
Works closely with manufacturing and distribution to understand issues and how they impact the financial results as well as educate/inform department(s) on cost drivers and variances.
- Monitor cost center spending within the manufacturing and distribution operations.
- Prepare month end analysis of manufacturing productivity & variances.
- Perform annual cost accounting events - including: physical inventory, cycle counting, annual cost rolls (Standard Costs), budgets.
- Full understanding of routings and BOM's.
- Analyze actual labor, material, and overhead cost against Standard/Budget. Research and explain variances. Report this information monthly or as needed.
- Prepare journal entry for month end financial close.
- Work with the all departments to implement and apply cost accounting policies and procedures as they are derived.
- Support and recommend efforts for implementing and maintaining internal controls for operations, distribution and finance.
- Perform ad hoc product/plant cost analysis to support the operations.
- Recommend, implement and monitor process improvements in the Lumberton and El Paso Facility.
- Support internal and external audits.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or indicated by responsibilities
- Analysis, Accounting experience (7-10 years) able to demonstrate with examples.
- A Bachelor's or MBA from an accredited institution
- An ability to work with people at all levels of an organization and in a variety of disciplines
- Strong Computer Skills with advanced to Expert level in Excel
- Standard Cost Knowledge & Experience
- Financial Analysis & Modeling Experience
- Works Well in Teams - Strong communication skills
- Continuous Improvement Change agent
- Cost Accounting and Plant experience
- SAPexperience, a plus
- LeanSix SigmaExperience and training