- Manage and oversee a variety of financial management and accounting services. Works to create a high performing inclusive team.
- Manages information to support quarterly and annual external reports and preparation of internal financial and business metric reports. Reviews and interprets financial reports to inform business decisions.
- Manages and produces annual budget process and monthly forecast updates. Manages strategic planning process. Identifies ways to outperform.
- Structures and manages performance monitoring and communications appropriately and delivery of ad hoc finance and accounting analysis, may include management accounting analysis. Ensures accounting practices of the business are appropriate and collaborates with Accounting Policy on implementation of new accounting standards that impact the business.
- Structures and monitors preparation of reports and analysis in response to requests and requirements of auditors, regulators, and investors. Communicates directly with external constituents. Prepares financial data and analysis to support risk management and identifies and escalates key risks to management. May also contribute to risk review and challenge for the business. Promptly identifies and addresses control matters; maintains sound control processes.
Builds Winning Teams - Extensive Experience
- Develops talent by creating engaged, inclusive and diverse teams who are empowered to speak freely and act with integrity.
Leads Effective Change - Extensive Experience
- Recognizes the need for, takes personal accountability to adapt, and leads others through organizational change.
Drives for Results - Extensive Experience
- Demonstrates energy and a desire to succeed; follows through on commitments; pushes self and others to deliver exceptional results.
Establishes Vision and Purpose - Working Experience
- Creates a compelling vision of the future and translates it into action, linking others' contributions to the success of PNC.
Manages Risk - Extensive Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Budgeting - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of, and ability to apply, policies and practices for planning and administering a budget.
Finance and Accounting - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of finance and accounting practices, financial analysis, and reporting; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Business Analytics - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of technologies, techniques and practices for the evaluation of business performance data; ability to analyze business performance using advanced statistical methods to justify and drive future business planning decisions.
Effective Communications - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
INSTITUTIONAL FINANCE - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of finance, financial methods, tools and strategies employed by private and public corporations.
MANAGING EXPENSES AND FINANCES - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to use the functions, tools and processes needed to manage financial assets and liabilities throughout the organization.
ACCOUNTING - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to use the methods, processes, and tools for maintaining and preparing financial statements and reports.
- Strong knowledge of financial management (financial systems, expense management, analysis, reporting, budgeting, strategic planning, and forecasting) with understanding of Banking and Credit Card business.
- Experience and working knowledge of SAS/SQL, Argus LookAhead Software a plus but not required.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Access, VBA, Word, and PowerPoint.)
- Prior responsibility/expertise in building out new capabilities and processes focused on expense management and centralized reporting to support business decision making.
- Proven ability to work independently and lead change and prior management experience.
- Ability to work in a team environment and to collaborate with business partners
- Demonstrates clear vision and purpose; provides challenging new assignments, tasks, and/or duties to team members.
- Agility and flexibility in managing tight deadlines and turnaround times.
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. At least 3 years of prior management experience is typically required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.