At Saputo, we make contributions that matter every day. We're a growing team of dedicated and passionate people around the world with a longstanding history of excellence.
The Plant Finance Administration Manager (FAM) will support the Operations Team at the plant level by providing P&L support, management and financial thought leadership to the facility and Plant leadership team. This position will be responsible for supporting the accounting group with month end financial closing duties, as well as all budgeting, forecasting, and costing activities for the facility. The position will be highly visible and should yield exciting opportunities for growth.
- Management of the Plant P&L, providing insight and analysis of drivers of performance;
- Support month-end close activities;
- Review all month-end, quarter-end close accruals, journal entries, P&L reconciliations;
- Balance process orders and inventories at least weekly and support plant to resolve material movement issues;
- Ensure liabilities are processed and assist in balancing good receipts with invoice receipts on a timely basis;
- Responsible for all Plant audit support and compliance reporting;
- Diagnose and report weekly and monthly material yield and loss, volume, labor and expenses;
- Assist the Plant leadership team with development and tracking of KPI’s for assessing functional performance and areas of opportunity for further cost reduction;
- Develop data-driven, fact-based information to support decisions enabling productivity measures to reduce overall cost;
- Track capital expenditures on a weekly basis and provide status of project financials on a weekly basis to Plant leadership and corporate engineering;
- Provide financial justification and post-audits for Capital expenditures;
- Periodic review of standard operating procedures (SOP’s) to ensure accuracy.
- Perform periodic compliance testing to ensure internal/external controls are in place, report and deviations and corrective actions to ensure compliance.
- Ensures compliance with all Saputo Corporate policies and procedures.
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and controlling.
- Has supervisory and leadership responsibility involving effective performance management, employee relations, mentoring, training and developing subordinates, promotions, salary increases, terminations and employee corrective actions.
- Actively applies the Saputo Values and complies with the Saputo Code of Ethics.
- Other duties as assigned
WHO IS RIGHT FOR THE ROLE
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or another quantitative/technical discipline is required.
- 5+ years professional experience, preferably in the food/dairy manufacturing industry, milk accounting a plus.
- Strong attention to detail, superior analytical capability, and excellent verbal and written communications a must.
- Must be a strong executor who can assist with strategy development at all levels of the organization to drive business performance.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead people through change.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all departments, management levels within the company, and external stakeholders.
- Ability to successfully influence peers and senior leadership.
- Ability to recruit, hire, develop, coach, and mentor talent for current and future needs.
- Ability to recognize opportunities to simplify processes and create efficiencies.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, with an emphasis on Finance/Accounting.
- Must be proficient in all MS Office programs, with advanced MS Excel skillset.
- Must possess strong prioritization skills; flexibility and ability to multi-task on a daily basis.
- Knowledge of SAP or other ERP systems.
- Ability to function within a multi-system environment.
Saputo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WHAT CAN SAPUTO DO FOR YOU?
Development opportunities that enhance you career fulfillment
Meaningful compensation & benefits that help you care for your family
Opportunities to contribute to your community and enhance the lives of others through Saputo products
- What is the Purpose of this Privacy Notice?Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA LLC (“the Company,” “Saputo,” “our” or “we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice describes how we collect, use and disclose personal information about you in connection with the recruitment process, including through our applicant tracking system or otherwise via e-mail or the Saputo communications platform (collectively the “Candidate Portal”). It applies to all current and former candidates.
- This Privacy Notice does not form part of any contract of employment or other contract to provide services. We may update this Privacy Notice at any time.
- This Privacy Notice applies in connection with your application for work with us (whether as an employee, worker or contractor). Should you be successful in your application, your personal information will then be held in accordance with our Privacy Notice for California Employees, Contractors and Workers.
- It is important that you read this Privacy Notice, together with any other Privacy Notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you, so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information.