With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Finance department as a Finance Manager, Photo Studio, located in our Chicago, IL corporate office.
- Develop detailed Photo Studio annual expense budget and three year expense plan in alignment with Photo studio goals and roadmap.
- Develop rolling forecast of Photo Studio spending, providing variance explanations to Finance department and senior management.
- Review financial statements on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy and identify any major variances to budget. Investigate and correct as necessary.
- Manage financial aspects and business terms of external relationships with vendors and partners. This includes direct negotiations on contract terms and pricing, as well as providing financialsupport to the VP of Finance and the Creative leadership team as they negotiate with vendors and partners.
- Create process improvements to increase efficiencies from both a financial and production standpoint.
- Work with Photo Studio Producers to reconcile financialbudgets related to photo shoot projects. Provide financial updates to senior management.
- Provide financialsupport for new investment initiatives and evaluate proposed contracts from both a financial and strategic perspective.
- Be the liaison between Photo Studio and Finance, Tax and Legal departments for financial and contract related matters.
- Actively participate in project management roles, as requested, including project manager, business stakeholder or subject matter expert.
- Generate accurate and timely expense projections and offer spending trend guidance to Photo Studio management.
- Analyze results of approved initiatives to determine success and/or identify areas needing improvement.
- Research and recommend options and solutions for organizational improvement and/or expense reduction.
- 5-7 years previous experience in finance or accounting; public accounting experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business or related field, master’s degree in business administration a plus
- Proficient in excel
- PeopleSoft or Hyperion experience a plus
- Ability to communicate and translate financial information to non-financial audience
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Must be team oriented and self motivated
- Comfortable in a creative environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English)