- Understand where data comes from across Patterson’s systems (both financial & operational) and the usefulness of that data in improving results for the company
- Work with Business Intelligence partners to prioritize their work in support of your client teams
- Work with Finance and the Executive Leadership Team at Patterson to prioritize Business Intelligence investment opportunities that will maximize returns by improving access to data
- Work with Sourcing, Transportation & Supply Chain partners to ensure tools being used (ie, Demand Planning systems) are creating optimal results
- Support any reporting required by the business on a weekly, monthly, quarterly or annual basis.
Developing, Supporting & Enhancing Strategy
- Invest your time in understanding the operations of Sourcing, Transportation & Supply Chain business partners.
- Combine your understanding of operations with the analytics your team produces to bring ideas, strategies and insights to the Sourcing, Transportation and Supply Chain leadership teams
- Be a contributing voice at the table as future strategies are set for operations, from 3 months out to 3 years out.
- Represent Finance leadership’s priorities to leaders across operations, advocating for financial goals important to the organization’s results
- Manage the annual planning process for Sourcing, Transportation & Supply Chain
- Represent financial plans with Finance Leadership and the Executive Leadership Team, as needed
- Load budgets and monitor results against budgets throughout the fiscal year
Analytics & Insight
- Support and enhance a culture of data-driven decision-making throughout Sourcing, Transportation & Supply Chain operations
- Set your team’s agenda for what new analysis will be developed to support your clients
- Ensure your team is delivering insight to your partners, not just reporting & data. Analysis should answer questions, drive action and lead to decision-making.
- Hire, manage and develop a team of 2 financial analysts that report directly to you.
- Develop your FP&A team to be a source of great analytical talent that can be promoted into any of our other Business Unit FP&A teams
- Seek top-notch talent for all open positions across Finance and be a leader in developing talent no matter where it sits
- Be a visible and respected leader for team members across Sourcing, Transportation & Supply Chain. Your partners should see you as an involved member of their organization.
Minimum Qualifications (Below are examples):
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in Finance roles with progressively challenging roles
- Advanced Proficiency in Excel
- Demonstrated experience managing massive data sets to deliver insight
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, especially in influencing Executive teams within large organizations
- Proven analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrated success in effectively prioritizing tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Demonstrated ability to generate and execute strategies across a large organization
- Preferred Qualifications (Below are examples):
- Experience with retail, wholesale or manufacturing organizations is desirable, but not required
Physical Requirements (See Checklist for examples)
- This role will be primarily based in an office setting, where some sitting/standing will be required that would be considered normal/traditional for Finance positions.
Job ID 2018-7583