- Responsible for AR, AP, financial close and reporting, including revenue recognition specifically ASC 606, general ledger, commissions and payroll, etc.
- Analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; and provide budget to actual variance reporting.
- Prepare financial forecast, update and maintain the company’s financial model.
- Maintain internal control for SaaS revenue reporting, accruals, and cash management.
- Manage and comply with sales tax, state, and federal reporting requirements (e.g. multi-state sales tax returns, Form 1099, Form 3921, etc.).
- Prepare materials for annual corporate tax returns and 409A valuation.
- Key partner in the annual budgeting and planning process.
- Research and prepare technical accounting analyses for new accounting pronouncements.
- Document and/or update accounting policies and procedures.
- Drive process and systems automation to help the company scale efficiently.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (US GAAP) including ASC 606 Revenue Recognition
- 5+ years of experience working in enterprise SaaS startup preferred completing full cycle monthly close and reporting
- Detailed oriented, excellent problem-solving, analytical skills
- Proven ability to meet changing deadlines and priorities
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter and problem-solver with minimum direction, while being a good team player
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite (Docs, Sheets) required
- Experience with Quickbooks, Bill.com, and Expensify preferred
Valid through: 11/14/2021