Fender Musical Instruments Corporation ("FMIC") is located in Hollywood, CA. Our brand mission is to accompany each player at every stage with products and brand experiences that fuel the pursuit of musical expression. Within Fender Global Finance, we are focused on adding pro-active value atevery step of the business process. Our mission is to drive effective decision support that enables the company to make critical decisions timely and accurately.
An American icon, Fender was born in Southern California and has built a worldwide influence extending beyond the studio and the stage. A Fender is more than an instrument, it's a cultural symbol that resonates globally.
Our finance team is seeking a Finance Manager to lead the decision support function in support of the EVP Fender Brands and category brand management team based in Hollywood, CA. This role will give exposure to FP&A processes, P&L responsibility, and business partnering as well as provide the opportunity to gain a strong understanding of key business and financial drivers, products and customers.
About the Job:
- Provide financial direction to the brand team in achieving brand profitability targets
- Lead the budget, forecast, and strategic process for the brand team
- Manage and develop one direct report
- Prepare monthly R&O and trend risk analysis
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses, capital expenditures for the product line P&Ls (including direct and allocated expenses).
- Prepare, analyze and communicate monthly departmental operating spend to support category team with expense management.
- Prepare and communicate financial reporting and management presentations in support of monthly business reviews, corporate and board reporting.
- Represent the brand finance point of view for cross functional SIOP meetings
- Implement and maintain a global pricing review for brand category teams
- Oversee ROI process for new product introductions, pricing, and new projects as needed
- Support any other ad-hoc financial and strategic analysis related to key business unit initiatives
What you need:
- 3-5 years of related experience.
- Strong computer and system skills; Hyperion financial system and SAP experience is preferred.
- Proven analytical ability.
- Experience as a business partner to management with excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Budgeting and forecasting experience.
- Financial modeling experience.
- Working knowledge of P&L/working capital.
- Customer service oriented.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Capable of working well independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting