8 - 10 years experience • Financial Services
Our client is a leading financial institution with an office in the Niles, MI area and are currently looking for a dynamic Finance Manager to join and lead their team.
Top Reasons to Work with Us?
- Leadership opportunity with direct reports and with real potential for advancement to Director level positions within the organization.
- Excellent benefits, profit sharing and very competitive pay.
- Employee first culture that aims to enrich the community around them.
- Recognized leader in their respective space.
What you will be doing?
- Ensure compliance with sound, safe, and productive investment and debt management strategies.
- Monitor and analyze economic trends and forecast the direction of the economy and its impact on the company.
- Responsible for the implementation and monitoring of effective financial strategies.
- Designs, develops, and implements operational plans and procedures for the Finance department. Continually monitors the general economic environment and anticipated trends, and updates procedures so they are commensurate with economic conditions and regulatory changes.
- Evaluates interest rate risk exposure and sensitivity. Maintains the monitoring process and analytical tools which ensures successful implementation of ALM strategies. Collaborates with members of various committees, such as ALCO and Pricing, to coordinate strategies and prepare written analysis and recommendations. Manage the budget preparation process. Including setting budget targets and guidelines, creating the budget timeline, overseeing data input by Branches, creation of reports to measure the budgeted performance, overall budget evaluation of results and spreading of the budget by month.
What you need for this position?
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business-related field required.
- 7-10 years of progressive experience in related financial positions, three years in a management role, is required.
- Practical experience with performing investment risk analysis and building detailed models to forecast potential results.
- Demonstrated skills in analysis and reporting.
- Understanding of A/L and cash flow modeling techniques.
- Thorough knowledge of finance, investments, financial research, and reporting.
- Familiarity with related laws and regulations.
- Proficiency in the use of spreadsheets and costing software