Responsibilities include development and implementation of financial policy, providing credible financial analyses, and guiding regional financial decision making to preserve the financial position and performance of the organization. May manage the financial operations and analysis functions with strong dotted line responsibilities to the controlling function.
- Lead financial analysis staff in the areas of financial analysis, forecasting, budget preparation and performance reporting for area of responsibility. Ensure accuracy and timely completion of reporting requirements.
- Review completed financial analysis data for area of responsibility ensuring that all contributory factors are considered. Consult with business groups to ensure their understanding of the impact that decisions have on the bottom line.
- Consult and interface with business groups to assist in development of strategy and oversee application, publication and explanation of balanced score card data.
- Develop and implement new and more in-depth approaches to understanding and analyzing our business environment. Translate this data unto viable strategies and tactics to maintain current and acquired new market share.
- Model and develop appropriate data to meet current Business Group needs. Develop and maintain an understanding of new version functionality and determine how best to apply.
- Oversee development and maintenance of general information and data on our customers and competition to assist in maximizing our understanding and awareness of potential changes in our relationships with them.
- Participate in cross-functional team meetings with business groups, etc. Provide information, support, analysis, and options as appropriate.
- Develop and sustain an environment which allows for individual growth and initiative and which allows creativity to flourish. Provide support, encouragement, and guidance to foster team development.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE MINIMUMS:
· BS / BA degree in Accounting / Finance
Strong knowledge and business acumen in operations financial management and demonstrated leadership ability typically acquired after 10 or more years in relevant roles of increasing responsibility.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Advanced degree and/or MBA (or equivalent)
· Demonstrated management experience
· Demonstrate an understanding of the accounting process, procedures and principles
· Demonstrate an understanding of the additive business in general
· Able to manage multiple projects concurrently
· Able to demonstrate a leadership style that creates a productive work environment for staff members
· Able to conceptualize the "big picture"; develop and communicate a vision and mission for the staff
· Able to organize complex activities with regard to projects and people
· Able to develop both long and short term plans/strategies for group activities and to implement time lines for completion
· Able to interact with all levels of employees and management
· Able to take complex data and translate it into a usable and understandable format
· Demonstrates the ability to think, conceptually, strategically and tactically.
· Able to consistently demonstrate accuracy and effectiveness in judgment and the decision making process
· Able to develop and maintain effective peer and organizational relationship
· Able to demonstrate a personal management style and management skills which motivate and enhance employee performance
· Demonstrate a broad knowledge of business goals and objectives and industry market environment and trends
· Able to demonstrate effective oral, presentation and written communication skills