The Manager – Development Finance will be responsible for providing financial support across all Development-owned functions, spanning all eight of Newell Brands Development and Delivery (D&D) divisions.
As part of the Development Finance team, the candidate may be asked to provide decision support across Advertising, Brand Marketing, Research and Development, Quality Assurance, and the Consumer Services group, and may be exposed to and asked to assist in the planning and tracking of capital expenditures.
The ideal candidate will be asked to build strong cross-functional partnerships and to provide sharp, proactive, timely insights and analysis which drive improved business decisions and – as a result – enhanced business outcomes.
The candidate should possess a strong interpersonal skillset with a proven ability to effectively convey and communicate financial performance amongst various levels within the organization, including senior leadership.
They must be able to work in ambiguous, undefined business environments, and establish and effectively convey strategic deliverables to their team. They must be an inspiring, transformational leader, with a track record of building and sustaining high performing teams.
- Facilitate and drive the annual budgeting and forecast processes across a multitude of Development-owned functions, partnering closely with cross-functional leadership on the development of key planning assumptions.
- Complete ad-hocfinancial analysis and lead the support of critical projects on an as-needed basis.
- Coordinate the monthly financial close process and complete journal-entries when necessary to ensure the accuracy of financial results.
- Identify and implement processes improvement in an effort to drive a culture of continuous improvement.
- Professionally challenge current and/or traditional ways of thinking and lead new ways/approaches.
- Develop and maintain financial models as well as financial KPI’s to aid in the delivery of financial targets.
- Model a culture that improves the organization’s comfort with the speed of change, challenging assumptions, relentless pursuit of improvement – all with a high sense of personal accountability.
- 6+ years of relevant financial analysis and/or accounting experience with a track record of working with and building strong cross-functional relationships.
- Able to clearly set and communicate strategic deliverables, and develop talent in an effort to build a sustainable, high-performing team.
- Self-motivated individual who encompasses an entrepreneurial mindset and is able to thrive in a dynamic working environment.
- Ability to work within tight timelines and balance multiple tasks while still delivering to targeted due dates.
- Dynamic problem solver with the ability to drive items to resolution.
- Strong proficiency in SAP, BEX and Hyperion.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce desired outcomes within tight timeframes.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate up and across the organization, and explain financially technical problems to non-financial partners. This includes working with global partners in locations in all major regions (EMEA, LATAM, and APAC).
- Experience in leveraging process improvement tools (LEAN/Six-Sigma) to continuously improve processes and proactively identify and implement process improvements.
- Great presentation skills and the ability to own a room and comfortably communicate in front of large groups. Can effectively influence without authority and communicate effectively through all levels within the organization.
- Ability to work collaboratively yet firmly with various functions.
- Maintain a strong financially controlled environment in accordance with SOX regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degreerequired, with a focus in Finance or Accounting
Technical Experience Requirements
- SAP and HFM (Hyperion) ERP
- Strong MS Office skills, specifically MS Excel