WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS JOB
We believe that what a brand does is more important than what it says—we want you to help brands do amazing, unprecedented, wild things, creating experiences that people never forget.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE DOING IT AT MOMENTUM
Because the idea that a brand's action is more important than its rhetoric is the key to our entire approach. It is all about the experience and we can—hands down, bar-none—create that better than anyone else. That's not jargon or ego—it's truth. Experience creates the connections that lead to loyalty, advocacy and sales. So we imagine and create those things here, in what we call the total brand experience. And how we do it is with genius, dedication, strategic thinking and working together as one fearless, handsome troop. Before you get any ideas, it's important you know we're serious about taking care of each other here. So think on that. We work too closely not to have fun together. We work too smart not to make the world better. And we work too well not to continually push for more. Think on all that, too.
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL DO (KEY RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Partner closely with Account Management and Project Management to monitor the financial health of assigned account(s), have budget discussions with clients, and track progress towards meeting and exceeding financial targets
- Be the finance point-of contact for clients and a resource for international Momentum finance teams
- Work closely with senior account leadership to create staff plans for annual SOWs
- Work with Account Management on an on-going basis to develop accurate revenue forecasts, track outstanding/approved fee estimates, and manage revenue pipeline updates
- Run meetings with Account Management to review budget and forecast reports for both fees and third party costs
- Meet regularly with Project Management to monitor project burn, freelance engagements, missing client estimates, etc.
- Analyze and maintain financial KPIs, such as revenue, direct staff expenses, margin, utilization, realization, and cash flow
- Provide variance analysis between forecasted and actual results
- Monitor internal processes to ensure strong financial control and identify and anticipate financial issues
- Propose and implement new and improved ways of working
- Work with account team and controller group on setting up scopes of work
- Manage specific client reporting requirements and meet client deadlines throughout the year
- Month-end close, primarily related to revenue recognition and direct client expenses
- Monitor client payments (AR) and payment distributions to vendors and freelancers (AP)
- Improve financial knowledge, management, and best practices within the agency, across disciplines
- Lead internal training on finance and client processes
HERE'S WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR (QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS)
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting. CPA or MBA a plus.
- 5+ years' experience in a financial analyst role with increasing levels of responsibility, preferably in a creative, consulting, or professional services environment. Will consider other relevant experience.
- Possess analytical rigor and be detail oriented
- Focused on collaboration and strong/clear communication across departments and with clients
- Able to lead internal and external meetings, managing to an agenda and refocusing the group, as needed
- Experience with SAP, not necessary but a plus