ResponsibilitiesThis position plans and directs finance and accounting activities in support of key selling channels such as HCS SBU, Logistics, Soft Surface, M & P, Stone, and AO SBU, with focus on sales, margin and inventory accountabilities. Leads the budgetary target-setting process, develops detailed sales and margin budgets, works with senior managers to develop executive reporting and financial presentations, and prepares all-inclusive analyses showing industry growth and competitive analysis trends for review with Sales and Product Development senior management.
- Acts as a leader to a professional team or other managers incorporating key priorities for assigned business units and the total company. Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to promote confidence in leadership and achieve business results. Develops department policies, processes, procedures and practices to streamline work and improve customer service.
- Plans and manages business unit and department processes and practices to ensure that programs are aligned with company business goals and objectives. Assists in the development and execution of strategic and operational plans and measures results that drives the business unit's long-range financial and business plan. Provides and interprets financial information and sound fiscal analyses.
- Works collaboratively with cross-functional teams to coordinate and provide guidance on strategic plans, annual budgets and quarterly forecasts. Leads overall budgeting target-setting process; develops detailed budgets and financial presentations, and prepares all-inclusive analyses showing industry growth and competitive analysis trends for review with sales and product development senior management.
- Creates and implements processes and tools used in financial planning. May lead strategic planning, annual planning, and quarterly forecasting efforts. Leads review sessions for annual operating plan and forecast with senior business unit management and senior finance leadership.
- Ensures systems are consistent and integrated with the business practices they support. Identifies key issues and weaknesses, provides solutions for improvement, and manages the implementation of system enhancements.
- Provides timely reporting of annual and multi-year trends and projections for revenues, expenditures and fund balances. Prepare and analyze financial reports to senior business unit management and senior financial management. Works with business unit leadership to prepare financial presentations.
- Analyzes competitors and market trends. Leads team in generating strategic and tactical recommendations in support of business objectives. Leads the creation of models, conducts research and analyzes actual business unit performance against targets in the operating plans, strategic plans, forecasts and sales incentive plans as applicable. Quantifies opportunities and risks and recommends alternatives. Conducts ad hoc analyses as needed to support operational decision-making.
- Performs other job accountabilities as needed to contribute to the goals of the department.
- A Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration. Master's degree in Accounting or Business Administration is preferred.
- CPA certification is preferred.
- SAP experience required.
- 7+ years of progressively responsible accounting experience, including at least 2 years finance/accounting leadership experience. Previous management experience preferred
- Strong computer literacy in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to write reports and present information to a variety of audiences. Strong presentation skills, with the ability to influence top management.
- Strong strategic planning and analytical skills
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment and demonstrate solid time management and organizational skills, including the ability to meet tight deadlines and schedules.