Careers that Change Lives
This Finance Manager based in North Haven, CT will serve as the lead partner to the Surgical North Haven Site and RAS R&D team. If you want to develop as a leader and strategic advisor, but also do not mind spending time with your head down in spreadsheets and data files; this might be the right opportunity for you. We need someone who will own the relationship with their R&D stakeholders, who will build and maintain a trusted partnership with the business, and who will be a voice for the finance organization. This role hinges upon the transparency of communication and partnership, the accuracy of the data and the accountability to deliver results month after month. The key responsibilities of this role include leading a small team, while collaborating with new product development project leaders to drive financial execution and provide financial visibility to senior leadership. In addition, this finance position will be responsible for leading quarterly forecasts and month-end close activities essential for project level financial reporting.
The Surgical Innovations business unit, part of the Minimally Invasive Therapies Group, strives to enable earlier diagnosis, better treatment, faster complication-free recovery, and enhanced patient outcomes through less invasive surgical solutions. We value what makes you unique. Be a part of a company that thinks differently to solve problems, make progress, and deliver meaningful innovation. Impact patient outcomes. Come for a job, stay for a career.
A Day in the Life
• Responsible for accurate and timely month-end financialreporting and presentation to both financial and non-financial leaders
• Assist with quarterly performance and investment metrics including Site review presentations
• Analyze and create business cases for new R&D projects and capital items including management of investment models (Enrich)
• Approve and create monthly journal entries including coordinating accruals with business partners
• Approve monthly account reconciliations
• Oversee monthly CAPEX forecasting and tracking for the R&D Site
• Lead the preparation and analysis of the Annual Operating Plan, Forecasts and Long-term Strategic Plans,
• Prepare supporting financial analysis to drive the performance of the business and execute on the strategic & tactical business decisions,
• Explain variances between actual results versus prior year and versus AOP / forecast and make recommendations for future actions.
• Partner with the Project Management Office and project leads to provide project financial guidance and budgetary support
• Compiles and analyzes financial information for financial and tax audits
• Manage and develop a team of two as well as collaborate across the Surgical Innovations R&D Finance leadership team
• Undergraduate degree in accounting or financerequired, qualified with 7+ years of experience or 5+ years of experience with an Advanced degree, and 5+ years of supervisory experience
• Broad finance background that includes: financial planning and analysis, accounting, finance, internal management reporting systems, budgeting, acquisition and investment analysis and financial modeling
• Expert in Excel including Pivot Tables, V-Lookup and Data manipulation
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
Nice to Have
• Previous finance leadership experience with a global manufacturing company preferred
• Knowledge of Hyperion systems, SAP, E-one and global consolidations.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and financial modeling skills.
• Cost Accounting and Manufacturing experience
• Knowledge of investment decision metrics (NPV, IRR, DPP)
• Independent, Action oriented and ‘hands on’ team player.
• High energy and a proven track record of influencing accountability as well as attaining organizational and personal objectives.
• Aptitude to enable strategic direction for the business with the ability to balance business needs with relevant financial control objectives.
• Track record of implementing Operational Excellence
• The ability to manage diversity, solve problems and make decisions.
• The capability to collaborate across complex matrix organization.