The ideal candidate will have five or more years of experience in managed care/healthcare finance. This position will be located in Glen Allen, VA.
Manages and coordinates the company's financial function across sub-functions such as accounting, cost management, budgeting, finance, audit, credit, collections, and tax to meet company's business requirements. Works within corporate strategies and policy frameworks, designs, proposes and implements financial strategies, guidelines and procedures within broad principles and policies set by the organization to meet finance requirements supporting short and long-term business needs. Oversees maintenance of the organization's general ledger and related accounting practices. Oversees all company-wide budgeting, financial planning, control, and reporting policies and practices. Provides economic analyses, studies, and counsel on all matters of potentially significant financial impact to the company, including economic/competitive trends, pricing, cash flow, product line evaluation, and capital additions.
- Analyze and review monthly results for risk against annual plan and forecast projections and provide variance explanations/recommendations. Provide financial support in the completion of monthly Corporate reports.
- Prepare monthly financial summary on all risk clients, reporting the highlights on key financial indicators. Coordinate with Medical Economics, Operations, and Network to analyze utilization and unit cost trends, identifying areas of potential savings/efficiencies.
- Prepare in depth performance analysis on risk contracts, as assigned. Manage financial terms and coordinate all related activities such as rate openers and settlement of contingencies under each contract. Provide weekly status updates on current trends, initiatives, issues, and resolutions.
- Provide monthly financial analysis on medical cost reduction initiatives, coordinating with Operations on new initiatives or changes to existing ones. Provide financial support to Medical Economics for quarterly operations reporting.
- Prepare annual business plan and forecasts on medical costs for risk contracts. Summarize P&L performance, outlining key assumptions.
- Other duties as assigned.